AF777
Topic Author

Bombardier Challenger

Mon Jul 23, 2001 6:10 am

There was a recent article in some magazine (I forget which one), about the popular corporate jet. It mentioned that a few airlines have used it for commercial services. I am suprised that more have not, and that Bombardier has not expanded on the opportunity to sell a shorter version of the CRJ that would compete with the ERJ-135. I would definately prefer flying in a small jet, than the Beechcraft 1900. Thanks in advance for any info Smile

-wes

jessman

RE: Bombardier Challenger

Mon Jul 23, 2001 9:14 am

I'm familiar with comair, so I'll use them as an example. comair is working toward a fleet of all CRJ 50 seaters. It just makes things simple, but they have to keep their Brazilia 120s for some of the little airports in fla (i.e. EYW) and I think a smaller jet would be able to go there. If Canadair were willing to make it simple for comair I don't see why they would balk at going all jet. On the other hand there is a lot of competition from the ERJs and FRJs already. Canadair just really got lucky with the CRJs in that the timing was right and it was a needed product.

Jean Leloup

RE: Bombardier Challenger

Mon Jul 23, 2001 10:07 am

I know it doesn't make a difference, but.. I got to fly the 604 Simulator at Dorval. =D It is a great plane and I think it would be great if airlines used it! But I think that a shorter version would lose too much pax capacity while saving too little money compared to the current 50-seater, unless, as mentioned, it could actually open up new markets.
Next flight.... who knows.