AF777
Topic Author

Bombardier Challenger

Mon Jul 23, 2001 6:10 am

There was a recent article in some magazine (I forget which one), about the popular corporate jet. It mentioned that a few airlines have used it for commercial services. I am suprised that more have not, and that Bombardier has not expanded on the opportunity to sell a shorter version of the CRJ that would compete with the ERJ-135. I would definately prefer flying in a small jet, than the Beechcraft 1900. Thanks in advance for any info Smile

-wes

jessman

RE: Bombardier Challenger

Mon Jul 23, 2001 9:14 am

I'm familiar with comair, so I'll use them as an example. comair is working toward a fleet of all CRJ 50 seaters. It just makes things simple, but they have to keep their Brazilia 120s for some of the little airports in fla (i.e. EYW) and I think a smaller jet would be able to go there. If Canadair were willing to make it simple for comair I don't see why they would balk at going all jet. On the other hand there is a lot of competition from the ERJs and FRJs already. Canadair just really got lucky with the CRJs in that the timing was right and it was a needed product.

Jean Leloup

RE: Bombardier Challenger

Mon Jul 23, 2001 10:07 am

I know it doesn't make a difference, but.. I got to fly the 604 Simulator at Dorval. =D It is a great plane and I think it would be great if airlines used it! But I think that a shorter version would lose too much pax capacity while saving too little money compared to the current 50-seater, unless, as mentioned, it could actually open up new markets.
Next flight.... who knows.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos