QantasAirways
Topic Author

Ansett Corporate Pictures From JP Site - See Here!

Tue Jul 24, 2001 8:02 pm

Hi All,
I have visited the Ansett Japanese site hoping there would be more pictures of things etc. etc. like Qantas has on its Singapore sites.
Here are some of the pictures I have found.
Does anybody know why they dont put these GREAT pictures on their main site?

What do you think?
And, oh by the way... these pics are from

Best Regards
QantasAirways
Spirit of Australia

Air Taiwan

RE: Ansett Corporate Pictures From JP Site - See Here!

Tue Jul 24, 2001 8:09 pm

they sure look great!!

Absolutely Ansett!!

Skystar

Tue Jul 24, 2001 8:18 pm

Let me say, that there is a lot more information about the international product - for example, I didn't realise that the upper deck had been converted to 37" seat pitch back in Sep 00 - so don't judge the legroom from those shots.

They have menus, the inflight entertainment program, etc, and all the special international features - which is what the english site should have (I see nothing on the .com.au site that would really make me want to fly AN Intl.)

Unfortunately I can't read Japanese, but babelfish.altavista.com does a good enough job for me.

Cheers,

Justin

QantasAirways
Topic Author

Tue Jul 24, 2001 8:26 pm

Hehe wow!
It looks like Ansett is great!
But that is what I really dont like about this. They dont inform Australia - the people that support them the most (mainly).
I mean, they could atleast put this on the Australian site.
On the Australian site it has NOTHING about the cabins etc. If they put this on, I would really love it!

Oh well! Do they have a Hong Kong site?!
Anyway, I found a few more I forgot to post.
Here they are:

Well, I think thats about it!
Regards
QantasAirways
Spirit of Australia

QantasAirways
Topic Author

Tue Jul 24, 2001 8:31 pm

Believe it or not, I have found more yet again!

Hope you enjoy
Regards
QantasAirways
Spirit of Australia

QantasAirways
Topic Author

Tue Jul 24, 2001 8:35 pm

And more!

There are just so many!
They barely touch on the Business Class in their Australian site!
Regards
QantasAirways
Spirit of Australia

Seems To Be A Cultural Thing?

Tue Jul 24, 2001 9:00 pm

I think the key is that, they feel they need to provide more information, in order to appeal to the Japanese customers. Non-Japanese (be it European, Asian, or American) businesses will often do this when they do business in Japan.  Big thumbs up

Let's use an example: A potential pax is looking at your website for full-flat seats. Instead of relying on cool-sounding ad copy, you show him every little detail on the seat. Show him how far the recline goes, how the headrest extends, how the PTV menu operates, how much space there is when every pax goes full flat. He sees all this and thinks "woof, I know the ins and outs, there are a couple small things that I mind, and I found the answer on this site" and thinks more favorably of your airline.

This as a marketing tool seems to be more powerful in Japan than elsewhere.

Back in 1993 I chose to learn Japanese, because I was a car guy at the time, and I couldn't find vital engineering information in English-language automotive publications. They're often all over in Japanese publications.  Big thumbs up

chepos

Tue Jul 24, 2001 9:13 pm

Those Ansett pics look great . Is the Air New Zealand Japanese site as good?
Chepos
Puerto Rico
Fly the Flag!!!!

IndianicWorld

Tue Jul 24, 2001 9:39 pm

This is just another example of Australia's carriers forgetting about their main clients, Australians.....

one thing that really baffles me is that Ansett tries to hard to compete with QFA on routes that are already over capacitised. If it does move away from Sydney to say ADL or more MEL, or even PER flights im sure even more people will fly them. ADL is despirate for service, and im sure the if SQ sees a market for that city, AAA should too.

If they looked after their oz passengers, oz carriers wont lose market shatre, other carriers are just out marketing them.

Air Taiwan

Tue Jul 24, 2001 10:12 pm

Hey let's not jump to conclusions too fast. Maybe the site is designed by their Japan office, so naturally the materials aren't in the Oz site. And if you look closely, all the photos with a F/A in it weren't taken professionally... by that I mean it's not from their marketing office in Australia. And the majority of the pics are being "graphically modified" using sofewares such as Adobe Premier, Ulead Media Studio Pro etc. So I think it's just not fair to say that "Ansett is forgetting their Oz customers"... that really sounds like a "powerful punchline" used by medias that don't even know what "market segmentation" is...

Jimmy

QantasAirways
Topic Author

Wed Jul 25, 2001 2:43 pm

IndianicWorld is right!
They are forgetting all about us - the Australians.
But also, maybe Air Taiwan is also right about the Japanese management over there!
I would hope that Ansett could put these on their own Australian site.
If you think about it, customers connecting through Japan (with ANA codeshares) maybe American or English, and of course they would refer to the Australian (English site).
I will now check the Air New Zealand site, however, most airlines have the better site on their national one!
Regards
QantasAirways
Spirit of Australia

aduum

Wed Jul 25, 2001 2:55 pm

WHY would they bother marketing this product to the whole of Australia on ansett.com.au when it is only served from two cities in the Eastern States???

They just spent $30million on advertising within Australia to show off their domestic product, which is on the majority of their aircraft.

The pictures above are only from their 747's which they have 2 of!!!

I think they have done the right thing, to avoid confusion from domestic customers.

QantasAirways
Topic Author

Thu Jul 26, 2001 2:48 pm

Yes, thats a true statement!
But I think they should advertise their main aircraft on the AU site aswell, they dont even have cabins on that!

Regards
QantasAirways
Spirit of Australia

zanadou

Thu Jul 26, 2001 10:32 pm

Must be one of the more usless topics I have read....

Okay, it looks better.

Why does it matter?

--->Zanadou!  Big thumbs up

Skystar

Sat Jul 28, 2001 10:30 am

Well,

I would say for most people on this site, it would've been the first opportunity to actually view Ansett International.

It's better in reality, and search for the series of cabin photos by Craig Murray, if you want to see more.

Cheers,

Justin

boeing 747-311

Sat Jul 28, 2001 2:42 pm

Looks nice
Come fly with US