DeltaShuttle
Topic Author

United Expanding At Sfo?

Wed Jun 16, 1999 7:17 am

On this forum I've read that United is building its own terminal at San Francisco. Is this true? I have not seen anything from United or on the San Francisco International Airport website to suggest this. For those of you who think that United is building another terminal, where did you here this, and what is going to happen to the old terminal? For those of you who don't think that United is building another terminal, where did you here that it is only an international terminal.

Thanks,

Delta Shuttle

RE: United Expanding At Sfo?

Wed Jun 16, 1999 7:34 am

This is what I know....:
The new Terminal is International. By the end of this year, some, if not most international carriers operating in the current international terminal will move to the new one...that includes UA. The current Intl terminal will be converted into a domestic terminal. Upon completion of the new Intl terminal, all Intl carriers, excluding AC and CP, will have moved. In the future, 2yrs or so, AA will move to a renovated South Terminal, but that's still up in the air. AC is also looking into moving into the 'old' Intl terminal a year from now.
Hope this helps,
Rgds ACSFO

FLY777UAL

Wed Jun 16, 1999 6:15 pm

This is what I know...

From UA literature that I have read (coming directly from UA at SFO) UA is to have its own international/domestic terminal at SFO. Construction is almost finished on the TWO new terminals (one for Int'l airlines) and one for UA int'l/domestic (these two are connected via a very large walking bridge over the entrance roadway). As to what will happen to the old international terminal...I believe that ACSFO is correct on that one.

FLY777UAL

DeltaShuttle
Topic Author

Thu Jun 17, 1999 1:33 am

Sorry, if I wasn't clear, but when I said old terminal, I meant what will United do with its current terminal. Anybody know? FLY777UAL??? :)

FLY777UAL

Thu Jun 17, 1999 3:54 am

UA will keep the old terminal (70's, 80's, and 90's gates). The new int'l/domestic wing will only house about maybe 15/20 gates...

FLY777UAL