SAN-LAX Flights- Any Jet Service Soon?

Fri Jul 27, 2001 7:17 pm

Besides one (I think) UA 737, all of the SAN-LAX flights are via turboprop. Does anyone know if Eagle or UAX plan on adding RJ service to these flights?

lindy field

RE: SAN-LAX Flights- Any Jet Service Soon?

Fri Jul 27, 2001 7:39 pm

I posted on this topic a few months ago, so if you search for "RJs in San Diego" you might come up with the previous thread. The gist: No word on RJs any time soon. They are currently being deployed elsewhere by the airlines. The only commuter airlines operating at SAN are Skywest for United and American Eagle for American and Delta. United flies perhaps four 737s daily to LAX. Many airlines have operated the route over the years but we're basically left with United.

Personally, I'd like to see RJ service to destinations like Yuma or Fresno from SAN, as well as frequent LAX flights.

EIPremier

RE: SAN-LAX Flights- Any Jet Service Soon?

Fri Jul 27, 2001 7:39 pm

The only reason to offer jet service on such a short flight would be to offer one-stop service between San Diego and other markets. As the two airports are only 80 miles apart, the concept of using an RJ instead of a turboprop does not seem very compelling. A few minutes would be saved at most.