Sabena332
Topic Author

Beer In Airplanes

Fri Jul 27, 2001 10:50 pm

Hi !!!

I was wondering when i fly with Delta two years ago, i ask the (good looking) Stewardess for a Beer and she had a very big Choice of Brands like Budweiser, Coors or Miller. Does the Airlines not have Contracts with the Brewing Companies that they offer exclusive only on Beer e.g. Budweiser on all their Flights ??? I know that LTU offers only Königs when you order a Pils and Diebels when you order an Alt.

Greetings from Germany

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

Stretch 8

RE: Beer In Airplanes

Fri Jul 27, 2001 11:13 pm

The U.S. carriers do sign agreements with breweries (and other beverage manufacturers) to supply certain brands on their flights . . . it differs by airlines. Stick with LH for the trip if you come over here (Patrick is my son's name!).
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!

Fri Jul 27, 2001 11:45 pm

I think Qantas only serves Fosters - not sure on that one though,

LN-MOW

Sat Jul 28, 2001 1:22 am

This is contract negotiations as with anything else .. Like with coffee .. United serves Starbucks, Delta serves Caribou ...
And do you ever see Pepsi and Coke on the same flight?
- I am LN-MOW, and I approve this message.

hustler

Sat Jul 28, 2001 2:03 am

I flew to Puerto Vallarta a couple of months ago and I got Corona in Aereomexico.

...Hustler.

Silverstreak

Sat Jul 28, 2001 2:12 am

I believe Sabena had Jubelier!

qantas777

Sat Jul 28, 2001 2:15 am

They should have beer on tap in airplanes.

chepos

Sat Jul 28, 2001 2:18 am

AA serves Coke and Pepsi .
Chepos
Puerto Rico
Fly the Flag!!!!

Superfly

Sat Jul 28, 2001 2:39 am

CUBANA serves beer and rum for FREE! ! !  Big thumbs up

They serve Cristal cerveza and it's pretty good!
It's better than Corona and certainly better than Coors, Bud & Miller. Personaly I prefer Stouts and Porters. But hey, I can't complain about free beer!  Smile
On Continental, you have to beg for water.  Big grin
Bring back the Concorde

Nice Tail

Sat Jul 28, 2001 2:44 am

Does Alaska Air have Alaskian Amber?

trident3

Sat Jul 28, 2001 3:16 am

British Airways serve specially canned Fullers London Pride and of course on Virgin its all Virgin cola
"We are the warrior race-Tough men in the toughest sport." Brian Noble, Head Coach, Great Britain Rugby League.

TWA717_200

Sat Jul 28, 2001 5:24 am

I know that when I have a beer on a plane, I wonder if I'm drinking it out of a CV-990.

Samurai 777

Sat Jul 28, 2001 7:16 am

In Canada, before the merger, Canadian Airlines usually served Labatt's Blue Pilsner (I don't like this beer), while I've seen Molson Canadian and Molson Dry (now, THESE I like Big grin) only on Air Canada flights. I know because on CP flights, Molson-brewed beer is usually NEVER available! So, I'm pretty sure that before the merger, Air Canada had a contract with Molson, while CP had its contract with Labatt's breweries.

WestJet will serve beer even though it is a discount airline, but only on flights one hour or greater in length. It serves both Canadian and Labatt's Blue. But interestingly, I think I've seen Big Rock beers served on WJ flights. if that's true, usually it's Grasshopper or Traditional Ale. Like WestJet, Big Rock is also headquartered in Calgary.

It usually costs about 4-5 dollars to buy any alcoholic drinks, including beer on all AC flights in economy class. But if there's a delay of more than an hour, then they'll serve the first beer for free. I don't know if they do the same on US carriers.

Spitfire

Sat Jul 28, 2001 7:25 am

Sorry for the Jupiler's lovers, but on Sabena we have Stella Artois and Maes.  Nuts
Sabena ... Never to be forgotten (12 years already , what a shame !! )

Sabena332
Topic Author

Sat Jul 28, 2001 10:42 am

Hi !!! Thanks for so much Reply`s !!!

Yes, i remember that SN serve Stella Artois because i get very drunken on my Flight to ATL, by the way, AF serve it too !!! But Corona on AM, that`s cool, i like this beer. The best Beer outside Germany is Rolling Rock from the USA !!!!!!!

Greetings from Germany

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

Sat Jul 28, 2001 11:11 am

LanChile serves Cerveza Cristal (the most popular in Chile) and also serves only Coca Cola company products.

that's all

Hadpa
Chile

viveAF

Sat Jul 28, 2001 5:14 pm

I do like the Stella served on AF - nothing better than sitting in a window seat high above the atlantic sipping a cold tin and looking out for other a/c flying along with us..

Great idea to serve local beers from originating cities, the wine-buffs always get this - but I`m not sure if flights out of MAN should serve Boddingtons "The Cream of Manchester" - we know it as the original fighting beer !!  Nuts

godbless

Sat Jul 28, 2001 5:27 pm

There isn't any German Airline that by chance serves Krombacher Pils? That is the best beer you can get. Even if I don't drink beer while I'm up inthe skies... well not even when I'm on the ground....lol Well but what I know is that Krombacher is the best...

regards,
max
www.IntAviation.de.vu

srbmod

Sat Jul 28, 2001 5:32 pm

Delta offers Sam Adams on the Delta Shuttle flights, now only if we could get them to serve it on mainline flights. If Delta was smart, they'd start up a beer program like their Vinum wine program, feature microbrews from different regions; unfortunately most Americans wouldn't know a good beer if it was wearing a sign that said "I am a good beer!" One of the reason I flew to some cities was to sample some of their microbrews, and honestly, other than the micros up in Boston (Harpoon, Sam Adams), the city that offers the greatest brews (even at the airport) is PDX; everytime I flew there I was always bring back some good Oregon brewed beers (some of which I can't get here in Georgia, damn stupid state law, because of the alcohol content). As for having taps onboard, can't have it, the gas bottles needed to operate a keg system are considered hazmat, and cannot be brought aboard, and I damn sure know a f/a will really want to have to pull a pint the old fashion way. And what risk chipping a nail? (My one f/a smack for the year)

Andie007

Sat Jul 28, 2001 5:36 pm

LTU... and they're flying from the beer capital of Germany (Dusseldorf)...

Sat Jul 28, 2001 6:09 pm

Ahhhh..... the good old days. On a flight from ORD to SEA in '74, we were delayed for about an hour and there was all the champaign you could have as a comp......Beer? I can't remember after the champaign!

Tom