Valujet Good Times

Sat Jul 28, 2001 1:58 pm

Share your experiences about Valujet here. I'd be interested in hearing about your flights, crews, and other "good times" on the Valujet flights.

L1011

RE: Valujet Good Times

Sun Jul 29, 2001 9:22 am

I loved flying ValuJet. On a flight from Chicago Midway to Washington Dulles, before takeoff the captain actually came into the cabin, picked up the mike, and faced the passengers to make his welcome announcement. I've never seen such personal attention from any other pilot. I've never felt unsafe on ValuJet. They really seemed to care. I also remember on an MD-80 flight, a flight attendant blocked off some middle rows for weight balance. After all other seats were taken, he opened up those seats. This was on a flight from IAD to ATL.

Bob Bradley
Richmond, VA
Fly Eastern's Golden Falcon DC-7B

pgh234

RE: Valujet Good Times

Sun Jul 29, 2001 9:40 am

Flew them once and vowed never to fly them again. On a PIT-ATL the F/A's made us applaud the captain on landing us safely. Sure flight was a bit rough, but were we suppose to land any other way but safely? Also got ticked off another time on the way back home when they refused to let us board with food we bought on with us. It is not like they were gonna serve us any? We also didn't like the whole "run for your seat" type thing with those little number cards. I like seat assignments.

pgh234