Krushny
Topic Author

FF Miles In Sweden

Tue Jul 31, 2001 2:58 am

Just received the July 2001 LH Miles&More leaflet. You can read there that because of the Swedish competence authorities, it will not be possible to earn FF Miles in the following routes :
Stockholm - Göteborg
Stockholm - Malmö
Stockholm - Ängelholm
This affects SAS and associated companies (like LH and I suppose all the Star Alliance ones).
Does anybody have more info on this? What was the rationale behind this official Swedish decision?

Krushny
Topic Author

RE: FF Miles In Sweden

Tue Jul 31, 2001 5:30 pm

Has anybody thought on the impact it would have on the airline industry if authorities everywhere started to restrict FF programs on competitive grounds? For example, Skymiles not earned on ATL-MCO, ATL-JFK routes, AA Miles on ORD-DFW and things like that.
The only similar thing I can think now, is BA and AA on transatlantic flights. Are there other examples in the world?

rojo

RE: FF Miles In Sweden

Tue Jul 31, 2001 9:20 pm

Most of OneWorld Airlines have restrictions on FF miles earnings. Example: All Iberia flights in discounted economy earn 30% of actual mileage on AAdvantage. BA has many discounted fares that don´t earn miles. That is why I don´t fly oneworld carriers unless I really have to.

I have always earned actual mileage on Skyteam airlines and on Continental Airlines and its partners, so why fly MEX-MAD on Iberia if you can fly on AM, AF or CO and get actual mileage.

Rojo