TWFirst
Topic Author

I Just Flew TWFirst With Destiny's Child!

Tue Jul 31, 2001 4:16 am

Get this:

I'm standing at STL this morning (30 Jul), right at the podium, waiting for pre-boarding to begin for Flight 507 to MSP, when Destiny's Child, their manager and entourage come up to the desk to check in! I was like, 3 feet away from Beyonce, Michelle and Kelly. They signed a picture for the gate agent. The gate agents pre-boarded them and their entourage. When I boarded just a couple minutes later, I saw they were in row 4 (last row of first). I believe Beyonce's mom was with them in row four, and then their manager was in seat 3D just in front of Beyonce. The rest of the entourage was back in coach - and this 717 hadn't yet been configured for AA's "More room throughout coach" so they were probably pissed they couldn't sit up with their bosses Big grin. Anyway, during the flight, I noticed the F/A walk by with a pen. I knew she was trying to get their autograph. When she came back to ask me if I needed anything else, I asked her if she got their autograph. She smiled and said "Oh, you know who they are. Yeah, they said they're not signing anything because they don't want the teenage girls back in coach to get wind of it and then stampede up to TWFirst for autographs." The big fat slob sitting next to me then said "Oh, my granddaughter is going to be disappointed. Her name is Kelsey." (implying that he wanted the F/A to go back and try to get an autograph for his granddaughter. He wouldn't have even known who they were if I hadn't have told him). But sure enough, the F/A comes back a couple minutes later with not only a signed TWA napkin for him, but handed me one as well! How cool. I wanted to get a picture, but I thought it would be cheeky and rude.

Well, that was my excitement for the morning.

BTW, they weren't wearing any makeup and looked really tired, but they seemed very nice. And yes, they were "Boodylicious" Big grin

How much do you think will this napkin be worth someday?
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

EIPremier

RE: I Just Flew TWFirst With Destiny's Child!

Tue Jul 31, 2001 4:18 am

Well, you have my sympathy...  Big grin

A320-addict

Tue Jul 31, 2001 4:20 am

How exciting..............

boeing 747-311

Tue Jul 31, 2001 4:20 am

wow!
Come fly with US

A320-addict

Tue Jul 31, 2001 4:22 am

And for those that really didn't get it......
I was being ironical... :-}

toady

Tue Jul 31, 2001 4:25 am

"How much do you think will this napkin be worth someday?"

As it is? Hmmm, 50 cents. Tops.
With the autographs of some talented musicians on it, I'd guess several hundered dollars.

Red Panda

Tue Jul 31, 2001 4:44 am

What an experience!!

r panda

Boeing757/767

Tue Jul 31, 2001 4:48 am

Who's Destiny's Child? Seriously, never heard of em.
Free-thinking, left-leaning secularist

flight152

Tue Jul 31, 2001 4:50 am

Toady-

Why don't you consider them "talented musicians" after all, they just about sell out on every concert they have...

Wow

trickijedi

Tue Jul 31, 2001 4:54 am

Look what happened to New Kids on the Block.
Its better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than be in the air wishing you were on the ground. Fly safe!

Superfly

Tue Jul 31, 2001 4:57 am

Boeing757/767:
Don't worry! You really don't want to know. They are awful.

Flight152:
There is no correlation between talent and sales. Just ask Vannilla Ice, the Backstreet Boys & Britney Spears.

Bring back the Concorde

B1C17L1011

Tue Jul 31, 2001 5:02 am

That must have been awesome.

...and even if their not as good as the artists were in the ole days, there better than anything else now. + they are hot!

fantastic

TWFirst
Topic Author

Tue Jul 31, 2001 5:03 am

Normally, I would tend to agree with you Superfly, but I do think Beyonce, at least, has a voice. She certainly has a boody.  Big grin

toady

Tue Jul 31, 2001 5:03 am

Flight152: I'm just pulling his leg!! One man's meat is another man's poison but if that brush with the stars made TWFirst's flight more enjoyable, I'm sincerely happy for him.

Tue Jul 31, 2001 5:08 am

I agree with SUPERFLY, I hate Destiny's Child. I hate that "say my name, say my name!" Crap. What kind of junk is that. I don't think bumping around the stage singing say my name is talent. Hell, I could do that. Now play the electric guitar like Van Halen is something I would get an autograph for. Congratulations TWFirst on your accomplisment

TWFirst
Topic Author

Tue Jul 31, 2001 5:09 am

Hey, I just re-read my thread subject, and realize I typed the last sentence too fast - it should have read: "How much do you think this napkin will be worth someday?"

Sorry about that.

Also, for what it's worth, I failed to mention I was in seat 1A, so they were 3 rows behind me.

One other thing, at the desk, Beyonce or Kelly (I can't remember which) asked the agent if food was served on this flight and the agent said no. She then asked how long the flight was and the agent told her a little over an hour. So she sent one of the members of her entourage to go get her some food. The girl went and got it and then boarded a little while later and gave it to her.

Superfly

Tue Jul 31, 2001 5:11 am

TWFirst I agree she is hot! I would love for her to keep me company on a long flight. Let's not confuse beauty and talent.
You certainly have a better story to tell than me. I once got stuck with the mother from 'Married With Children'.  Angry

I'd take Beyonce in a heartbeat.
Bring back the Concorde

Superfly

Tue Jul 31, 2001 5:13 am

On a flight that is!
Bring back the Concorde

SESGDL

Tue Jul 31, 2001 5:14 am

DC is cool!!!!! I'd LOVE to meet them!!!! But the Spice Girls are WAY better, best group that ever existed, and Sporty and Scary really CAN sing!!!!!

TWFirst
Topic Author

Tue Jul 31, 2001 5:22 am

Hey folks, just to set the record straight:

I don't really give a flying rip about Destiny's Child one way or another. I just thought it was an interesting experience. I mean, you don't really realize that most of the time, stars get from one place to another just like everyone else. I guess it just surprised me that here they are in the middle of a blockbuster tour, and they're flying TWA, of all airlines, on a short hop from STL - MSP, in a very nonchalant manner (I think I heard their manager say they came to STL from SJU).

I mean, I can't stand Celine Dion or John Ashcroft, or a myriad of other famous people. But if I flew with them, I would find it somewhat interesting. Get what I mean?? Especially if I noticed them picking their nose or getting drunk Big grin

EGGD

Tue Jul 31, 2001 5:34 am

Which one is Beyonce? If it is the one with the blonde hair, she is too flappy! I like the other two, nice and toned Big grin

Cheers

Dan
(P.S, i once saw the Brazilian Basketball team on a flight!!!!!!!)

1stspotter

Tue Jul 31, 2001 5:43 am

Woh, what an interesting topic. So much to do with aviation. What will be the next posting?

-I saw Pamele Anderson on the way to the airport
-The plane that just overflew me at FL330 had Guns and Roses on board
-The nephew of my neighbour just made his first flight?
or last but not laest
-Which airline has the best sausages

Big yawn here.

TWFirst
Topic Author

RE: 1stspotter

Tue Jul 31, 2001 5:46 am

It's not any worse than several of the crap threads that appear here. If it didn't interest you, why did you read it?

c72

Tue Jul 31, 2001 5:53 am

NEVER bother a celebrity while they are eating!!!!

Tue Jul 31, 2001 6:17 am

The reason why they were in STL was the night before, TRL had a concert at Riverport Ampitheatre in St. Louis. My mom and sister were there. I don't know which one is Beyonce, but I would think it's the one with the long blond, curly hair. Cool for you to encounter them.

TurboTristar

deltaownsall

RE: 1stspotter

Tue Jul 31, 2001 6:18 am

I don't see why people are complaining about this...its pretty rare and cool. They are REALLY hot...and their music is alright. Lol...anyone ever seen Nelly on TWFirst? I know he flies with them...
DeltaOwnsAll

heavymetal

Tue Jul 31, 2001 6:24 am

TWA....The Airline of the Stars right to the end  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

SegmentKing

Tue Jul 31, 2001 7:11 am

TWFirst, what the hell were you doing looking @ them like that.. i'm telling your other 1/2...

BTW, just flew LGA-ORD-FLL on the 29th and amazingly all flights landed ON TIME... go figure... and this was UNITED of all things. So i think I saw your FLL-STL MD80 sitting on the tarmac at FLL on Sunday night... there was a pretty TW 757 parked at the gate  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Unfortunately, on all of my flights back, I didn't recognize any celebrities sitting with us up in First Class, although one guy had a Congressional pin on, so he was probably a US Rep... but the flight attendants came to me first for my meal requests, so I must have had the highest priority (mileage Plus Premier Executive) of everyone up front.... // United does meal requests based on your FF status in First Class //
~ ~ ~ ~ pRoFeSsIoNaL hUrRiCaNe DoDgEr ~ ~ ~ ~

chepos

Tue Jul 31, 2001 7:21 am

Congrats on meeting Destiny's Child. They are hot and they are beautiful and the blonde girl can sing but hey they are normal people .
Chepos
Puerto Rico
Fly the Flag!!!!

SegmentKing

Wed Aug 01, 2001 3:55 am

i thought they were all black... how can one be ... oh nevermind

DELL_dude

Wed Aug 01, 2001 4:53 am

The famous people of the world always loved to fly TWA.

caetravlr

Wed Aug 01, 2001 5:13 am

Some of you guys are just plain rude. He met someone very famous on a flight, he was excited about it, and wanted to share it with those of us that enjoy travel and aviation. I would personally love to bump into Destiny's Child. I do consider them talented musicians, great dancers, and incredibly attractive ladies. For those of you who don't appreciate their music, then don't reply to the thread, no need to be jerks.

TWFirst, in all of my travels I have never met a celebrity on a flight (that I know of). That is really great, I hope that one day I have a similar experience.

CAETravlr
A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the decency to thank her. - W.C. Fields

Enthusiast

Wed Aug 01, 2001 5:20 am

Speaking of Destiny's Child, has anyone ever seen the SNL parody of them called, I think, Gemini's Twin? It's really funny- Anna Gasteyer and one of the other cast members are two of the members, and whatever female guest is on the show usually plays the third member, parodying DC's frequent member changes. I know this has nothing to do with aviation, so don't jump down my throat, but I just thought it would be cool if anyone else had seen any of these amusing skits (on one of the parody music videos they "play" FAs and one of them says something like "We'll be flying at a high attitude"...whatever).

SegmentKing

Wed Aug 01, 2001 5:55 am

I've heard of a few celebs flying United from friends, and a few have had them on the transcons (Meg Ryan, for example, is a normal passenger on JFK-LAX runs)... I heard that most travel with a ton of body guards that basicly shun them from the public's view.... *shrugs*

I dunno, I agree w/ TWFirst... it's cool to fly with them, but do you really ask them for an autograph or something? ? ?

Nate

TWFirst
Topic Author

RE: Segment King/CAETravlr

Wed Aug 01, 2001 5:56 am

Segment King: It's called a hair weave. Big time. And I saw the braids first hand!  Big grin

(and no, I wasn't looking at her in that way. I just had to use the name of the their latest song "Boodylicious" because it's such a great word Big grin)

CAETravlr: Thanks for the nice comments. I'm glad you understood the context in which this thread was intended.

BTW folks, I read in the newspaper today that they're touring as part of MTV's TRL tour, and were at the Target Center here last night. Destiny's Child got great reviews, but most of the other groups didn't.