Airliners
Topic Author

Where Is The Best Place To Start?

Fri Aug 03, 2001 9:05 pm

Hi,

In the long run I would love to become a manager of an airline or similar.

Is there anyone here that is a manager of an airline? Have you got any links to sites where I can get information. Where in the airport is the best place to work to start with so I can work my way up to it? Have you got any information about what is involved with the job? Any information would be great - thanks.

airliners

Southern

RE: Where Is The Best Place To Start?

Fri Aug 03, 2001 10:43 pm

Hey!

Well its not too easy to become a manager of an airline, as you probably can see alot of the managers are older people and there is alot of stress involved.

you are probably best to get a bachelor in business and from there go on to a masters. I know that down here in MEL, RMIT offers a masters in aviation management, however one of the criterias to qualify for this course is a couple of years experinece in airline operations etc.

Also get some work experience in that field... itll look great on your resume! i've done it as a pilot and i've also picked up alot of tips and tricks!

Best of luck!
Mick

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos