AZA330
Topic Author

Black Friday deals US to Europe - what happened?

Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:35 pm

Happy Black Friday!

When I got up this morning I was looking forward to a lot of good deals on air travel. I was particularly thinking about this time last year, when my wife and I bought business class tickets from USA to Europe for 50% less than the regular fare. This year there is nothing like that. For example, British Airways has the reversed deal, with discounted business class from UK to USA. What happened? Are airlines making enough money they do not need to really offer deals on the premium USA-Europe market? Maybe I missed something or I did not look hard enough? Are there going to be deals like that before the end of the year?

Thanks in advance for all your replies!

PatrickZ80

Re: Black Friday deals US to Europe - what happened?

Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:07 pm

The only airline that I got an e-mail from about a black friday sale is Vueling, but they only fly within Europe. I'd say fares on TATL are already so low there's no room for a black friday sale.

trijetsonly

Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:14 pm

Lufthansas Cyber Monday offer is a 30€ discount on every booking.
Happy Landings

VSMUT

Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:21 pm

Black Friday is pretty much dead here in Europe. We don't celebrate thanksgiving, and retailers/airliners are beginning to realise that giving away all your products for cheap just before christmas is stupid. Even though every man and his dog says they are doing Black Friday sales, actual deals on anything other than stock clearance items are virtually impossible to find. Thats why you won't fing 50% off offers. In less than a month they can fill their planes with high-fare christmas travellers.

Vasu

Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:58 pm

I got a Black Friday email from Air Moldova... I was fairly surprised! Sadly when I did a search the fares I was finding were far higher than the email made out...

LH658

Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:49 am

I booked Austin to Auckland for 400 dollars on Air New Zealand cyber Monday sale.

B747forever

Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:19 am

LH658 wrote:
I booked Austin to Auckland for 400 dollars on Air New Zealand cyber Monday sale.

That was more of a mistake fare rather than an advertised sale. The fare was only live for a couple of hours before UA/NZ shut it down.
Work Hard, Fly Right

LH658

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:08 pm

B747forever wrote:
LH658 wrote:

That was more of a mistake fare rather than an advertised sale. The fare was only live for a couple of hours before UA/NZ shut it down.

Oh well it was a steal! Flight connects in Houston, wish I can just fly the Houston to AKL part. I booked DFW to MEL on Virgin Australia, they had glitch in the system, and after 9 days the canceled my ticket..

stlgph

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:21 pm

I saw numerous Black Friday specials pop up for WOW, Icelandair, LOT Polish, Turkish, Aer Lingus, Air France, Emirates are the ones which come to mind. Not sure how you missed all that.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

stlgph

Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:31 pm

EL AL, too.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport