Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

teanuh
Topic Author

Delta eticket vs print

Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:33 pm

Hi!

I have a flight next month from JFK-SAN and my confirmation from Delta says that I have an eticket (please excuse the fact that I barely fly so I'm not sure about any of this) and my phone screen is actually cracked - will this have any impact on my ability to board/scan my ticket? Or can I print the ticket as well? Any help is really appreciated!

CV880

Re: Delta eticket vs print

Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:32 pm

Write down the confirmation #, at the airport kiosk print the doc which will include everything that You need including the Boarding Pass.

Yflyer

Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:48 pm

Yes, you will be able to print your boarding pass, either at home or at the kiosk at the airport.

I think your confusion comes from the fact that you're mixing up "ticket" and "boarding pass". "Eticket" means you aren't issued a paper ticket, which is not the same thing as a boarding pass. Paper tickets haven't been common since the early 2000s, at least (so a lot of people have more or less forgotten what tickets were, especially if they didn't fly before the turn of the 21st century). A ticket is basically proof that you paid for the flight. A boarding pass is the thing you get when you check in and is the thing that gets scanned when you board.

XAM2175

Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:14 pm

Yeah, as Yflyer says, the electronic ticket replaces the paper ticket, which was something more like this:
that you got sent or given when you bought the ticket.

Nowadays the e-ticket lives with the airline and instead you get sent a receipt or itinerary, which will display your booking reference (or confirmation number, etc etc). This will let your bring up your booking to check-in at the airport and receive a boarding pass there, or you can check-in online and print that... all manner of options (specifically for Delta, see https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US ... tions.html )

litz

Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:46 pm

Actually, Delta's system is even smarter then that ...

At the kiosk, you can swipe the credit card you booked with, enter your FF#, and several other possible options to search for the reservation (including the actual confirmation number mentioned above).

Once the kiosk has the reservation pulled up, you can print bag tags, print boarding pass, all the stuff you need.

SJCMSP

Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:35 pm

litz wrote:

At the kiosk, you can swipe the credit card you booked with, enter your FF#, and several other possible options to search for the reservation (including the actual confirmation number mentioned above).

Once the kiosk has the reservation pulled up, you can print bag tags, print boarding pass, all the stuff you need.

And it doesn't even need to be the card you booked with. I've used any card to pull up mine.

jnev3289

Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:49 pm

litz wrote:

I think most airlines, if not all (the main ones) have those features too.