alan3
Topic Author

Air Canada "Preferred Seats" legroom

Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:25 am

So, I booked an Air Canada flight and it's on an Airbus A321. They have a number of seats they call Preferred Seating, which includes not only the bulkheads but also the first 5 rows of Economy.

Instead of booking the bulkhead where I can't keep my bag under the seat, I thought I might book the second or third row of preferred seating.

According to Air Canada website, preferred seats have "more legroom". But nowhere does it say how much.

I asked Air Canada (online) and even the Air Canada guy actually suggested that I "go check SeatGuru"! Well, SeatGuru just says all economy seats are 31 ".

I have come to the conclusion that the non-bulkhead "Preferred Seats" actually have no benefit...you have to pay a surcharge...... because they are closer to the front I guess?

Am I wrong?

Why is it so hard to find out if Preferred Seats have more legroom or not and if they don't, what is the benefit?

Anyone can recommend the best Y class seat on an AC A321?

ACDC8

Re: Air Canada "Preferred Seats" legroom

Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:04 am

I've used Preferred seating on their A320 and A319s before - the legroom is a bit more, but to be honest, and I'm 6'3", their regular economy seats are very comfortable. I do believe you also board before regular economy if you have a Preferred Seat so you get first shot at the overhead bins which is always a bonus.
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

767333ER

Re: Air Canada "Preferred Seats" legroom

Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:01 am

On the A320 for example the preferred seat gives you 35” seat pitch which is really nice, on the A321 a non bulkhead/exit row preferred seat doesn’t really give you anything but a more desireable position on the plane for boarding, disembarking, and getting a better selection of food. The A321 is odd this way and it may have something to do with how much they’ve tweaked the configuration in the past few years, they ended up mostly getting rid of e advantage of preferred.if you really want a good choice of 35” pitch seats, just take an A320 and not an A321.
Been on: 732 733 734 73G 738 752 763 A319 A320 A321 CRJ CR7 CRA/CR9 E145 E175 E190 F28 MD-82 MD-83 C172R C172S P2006T