Tesla
Topic Author

Question on how to book Rossiya Punta Cana to Moscow (PUJ-VKO)

Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:15 pm

Hi everyone,
Through airliners.net I discovered that Rossiya operates a B747-400 twice a week between Moscow VKO and Punta Cana, Dominican Republic PUJ. I think that would be an excellent way to begin a trip to Russia.

However I have been totally unable to figure out how to book this flight. Based in the New York area, ideally I would position to Punta Cana to fly one-way PUJ-VKO, and the return trip would be SVO-JFK on Aeroflot, probably on a separate ticket. I cannot find any online travel agency which sells this Rossiya flight, including Russian OTAs. Punta Cana isn't even listed as a destination for booking on the Rossiya website. Aeroflot, who I understand sells Rossiya flights, does not have this nonstop listed. Research online has shown this flight has indeed operated twice a week so far this year, so it is not a problem of the flight being in operation - it is simply an issue of how to book it!

Does anyone here have any information on how to book this flight? If it is only operated as a charter flight, I would still value any information. How would I go about booking it as a charter flight? Instead of flying PUJ-VKO as I mentioned earlier, in this case I could fly it as my return flight instead, flying VKO-PUJ. Thank you in advance for any information about this flight.

hoons90

Re: Question on how to book Rossiya Punta Cana to Moscow (PUJ-VKO)

Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:00 pm

My guess is that you cannot book the flights on their own, and the flights are only offered as part of an all-inclusive package through a tour operator.

I did a quick search on http://www.coral.ru and found a 10 night package tour at the Whala Bocachica that involves the Rossiya 747 flights. Departs Apr 4 from VKO and costs 143,368 rubles.
The biggest mistake made by most human beings: Listening to only half, understanding just a quarter and telling double.

debonair

Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:17 am

If you wanna fly a classic B747, you can fly from PUJ to MAD on WAMOS AIR weekly service - continuing your journey to Russia...

Cush

Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:38 pm

I agree that this i most likely a charter flight or a flight operating through a travel package operator. For example, my wife flew from KZN-HKT on Azur Air last year, which was only bookable through Sletat.ru. You couldn't book the flight directly through Azur Air. This is the case for most of these flights you see, with the exception being Aeroflot.
Fly me to the moon let me play among the stars.

PatrickZ80

Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:47 pm

You could try contacting the travel agency that sells those all-in holiday packages and ask them for a ticket on that flight. Most likely seperate tickets aren't in their online booking system, but they can book you manually.

However there are other options, like for example you could fly a British Airways or KLM 747 from New York to London or Amsterdam and transfer there for a flight to Russia. Both these airlines fly the 747-400 to JFK.

TUGMASTER

Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:35 pm

Mahan are just about to re-introduce their 743....!!!
The only pax classic left flying.

Back to the original topic....
When I wanted to fly some IL86’s a few years ago,( Donavia & AtlantSoyuz), the travel agent would only sell me the flights I wanted if I bought accommodation too.... so ended up flying SVO-AYT-VKO with just one night in Antalya....
Awesome experience....
And one week later , all IL86 flights stopped!!!!