Southern Airways

Thu Mar 30, 2000 8:42 am

Looking for pictures of Southern Airways planes. Gift for my dad, a retired pilot who started with Southern. Anything you have would be great, however, He flew Martin's, and DC-9's before the merger.

Thanks!

ch

RE: Southern Airways

Fri Mar 31, 2000 12:57 am

Tim White wrote:
-------------------------------
Looking for pictures of Southern Airways planes. Gift for my dad, a retired pilot who started with Southern. Anything you have would be great, however, He flew Martin's, and DC-9's before the merger.

Thanks!

ch

Fri Mar 31, 2000 1:00 am

TIM
I HAVE A PICTURE OF A SOUTHERN DC-9-32CF N89S AT BOEING FIELD THAT I TOOK IN JUNE,1969. IF YOU WOULD LIKE A COPY SEND ME YOUR E-MAIL,

CURT

Tue May 23, 2000 12:33 am

Tim,
I am also looking for photos anything associated with Southern Airways. I was a survivor of Southern 242 on 4 April 77 (MSL - HSV to ATL on DC-9-32 N1334U) and I am doing research on the accident as well as on the history of Southern. I have a small website started at:
http://members.aol.com/Panzerbaer/so242.html
Perhaps I can assist you in what you are looking for. I would love to
interiew your father about his time at Southern.
I currently live near Dulles airport. Although I was not an airline employee at the time of the accident, I currently work as an FA for United Express.
I look forward to hearing from you or anyone else who wants to share info on Southern.

Frederick L Clemens
panzerbaer@aol.com