james

My first plane!!!!!please find it!

Mon Oct 09, 2000 6:26 am

Many many years ago, well I think during the early eighties I first flew on a plane. This was a Britannia 737-200 from leeds bradford to Ibiza. I have one photo of me as a kid about to climb onto the thing. The only evidence from the photo (quite good) is that it was named "Sir Barnes Wallis" and the two letters by the nose wheel are "YJ". ie part of its reg. Does anyone please have a good photo of this aircraft and especialy does anyone know where it is now! Rhyan Air? PLEASE HELP!
Oh, for the trip down memory lane!
thanks, Jim.

RE: My first plane!!!!!please find it!

Mon Oct 09, 2000 4:39 pm

Hi the aircraft you are after is G-BGYJ and is now with Ryan Air as EI-CJH S/No 22057

James wrote:
-------------------------------
Many many years ago, well I think during the early eighties I first flew on a plane. This was a Britannia 737-200 from leeds bradford to Ibiza. I have one photo of me as a kid about to climb onto the thing. The only evidence from the photo (quite good) is that it was named "Sir Barnes Wallis" and the two letters by the nose wheel are "YJ". ie part of its reg. Does anyone please have a good photo of this aircraft and especialy does anyone know where it is now! Rhyan Air? PLEASE HELP!
Oh, for the trip down memory lane!
thanks, Jim.