9V-SPJ
Topic Author

Close Up Of Air India Windows.

Sun Jul 14, 2002 9:27 am

Hi there
Is it possible for someone to take a real close up shot of one of the Air India windows on the B747-400? I am making a flight sim version of this aircraft and I need a good quality picture of the windows. I would have taken it myself, but AI doesn't fly to LAX!
Thanks

9V-SPJ

ren41

RE: Close Up Of Air India Windows.

Sun Jul 14, 2002 11:32 am

Couldn't find any closer ones

Mon Jul 15, 2002 2:40 am

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Dickson Ching
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Jason Taperell

Big thumbs up

Vulindlela

Mon Jul 15, 2002 10:54 pm

I know there is a book that has a closeup of the windows. I thought it was "giant jetliners", but I just looked and didn't see it. It is in one of those square books by Osprey or some company about the 747. My friend probably has it now and I will ask him to look when I talk to him. It was a long time ago when I saw it but I remember it was perfect detail and had a caption about the paint scheme.
"If you take everything I've accomplished in my entire life and condense it down into 1 day, it looks decent!"

prat_eegle

Thu Jul 18, 2002 9:05 am

I have a photo/photos of the windows taken from very close distance by myself,. Was flying LON-BOM and a technical stop in DEL, where catering change and cleaning meant the opening of service doors, so I quickly took some snaps. Unfortunately I have not submitted any photos till date nor am I sure of their acceptability on airliners.net, as i am not well versed with scanning, etc, yet, and my photographic camera is pretty archaic. Wish I could help, but I could send you a copy by post if you want. Also try to look in the AI timetables. as some of them have had the very window on the cover.
Clouds in both Worlds

EGFF

Sun Jul 21, 2002 6:34 pm

All together or not at all