Regis
Topic Author

What Are The Best Seats On Varig's MD-11s?

Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:59 am

Seatguru.com does not display seating charts of Varig's planes so you guys are my only hope. I am flying AB) (FRA / FRF / EDDF), Germany">FRA-GRU on a Varig MD-11 next week and I wonder if you guys know what are the best seats in economy on that plane. What I am actually looking for is extra legroom. Any feedback is much appreciated.

FJWH

RE: What Are The Best Seats On Varig's MD-11s?

Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:59 pm

The seats next to the emergency exits have the most leg room I guess
Further, the best seats....also next to any windows of course  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Enjoy your flight!!

FJWH
FlightS in the next 3 months: MSP, PHX, MEM, NCE, TFS, BCN. All round trips from AMS

Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:24 pm

The best seats are those in F, certainly! No, seriously, if you're looking for extra legroom go for the emergency exit, but don't get overly greedy, I've taken those seats loads of times on the MD-11s and they're not THAT more comfortable than the others in which I have sat.

My advise is: take emergency exit, aisle, but don't expect it to be the seat of your dreams.

steve6666

Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:52 pm

Varig's website does have seating plans of their planes - and even has a list of which seats have limited room etc. Try looking there - ate com o meu portugues limitado eu encontrei essas informacoes facilmente.

eu nasci ha dez mil anos atras, e nao tem nada nesse mundo que eu nao saiba demais

Horus

Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:50 pm

The worst seat would have to be in the back of economy in the middle row as you are so close to the toilets and usually there is a queue for it (i.e no privacy). Also since the cabin gets smaller near the back the seats get a litter more cramped. I would say the best seat on their MD-11s (considering Y class) would have to be right at the front of the economy section where the leg-room is amazing.
EGYPT: A 7,000 Year Old Civilisation

L410Turbolet

Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:26 am

I don't remember any specific seat, but I can share with you one of my observations: Due to imperfect ventilation oer absence of indivitual vent outlets in the middle row this tends t be very hot, while seats by the windows are considerably colder.

rg828

Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:21 am

Varig has MD-11s with different configurations, Its difficult to say what seat is the best as it would differ almost from plane to plane.

Your best bet would be to get a starboard side seat, as it probably would have a 2-seat configuration (some planes have a 3-4-2 config). There was a bulkhead seat that was excellent, I'll try to remember which one it was.
I dont know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone