I actually prefer a slightly more upscale experience than what WN
However, several things about the post that started this thred:
1) The "85% of the time" that was featured as how often Majors have cheaper fares than WN
is a off a lot. Turns out a random check on one of the 3 routings in question (BWI
was cheaper 100% of the time.
2) As for frequent stops until your destination... well, someone's overlooking the fact that WN
not only HAS longhaul nonstop national routes (Such as MHT
to Florida), but is building more of them. And, on the BWI
route, although WN
was $22.50 more each way (same dates as BWI
, morning departures at each end) the total travel time roundtrip on the competing Legacy carriers was 6 EXTRA hours or more. Hmmm... so much for frequent stops. Seems WN
gets you there faster than the legacy carriers AND
makes money doing it!
3) Posting negative comments about WN
is no more prohibited than posting negative comments about legacy carriers. Not attracting flames is due, in part, on how well the thread is started. Start a thread with hard facts rather than exagerations, subjective comments, falsehoods. This thread started with some very vague pronouncements regarding airfares. It would have been very helpful, and it would still be helpful, if there were specific examples with which we could compare. My initial research has turned up WN
being significantly cheaper in a random test for the BWI
route, and having significantly faster travel times in the BWI
4) Commenting on the attractiveness of flight attendants, or lack of attractiveness, is pointless and demeaning. I'm more concerned about helpfulness and attitude. And I'd rather listen to stale jokes from a WN FA
than endure no service from a UA FA
5) Airlines that beg for taxpayer bailouts or taxpayer loan guarantees and who still can't make money... well, I would be embarassed if I were them. And when I fly on them I certainly expect EXTRAORDINARY service because I've paid for it with my tax dollars AND
my airline ticket. Rarely get it, though, so I gladly spend my money on a money-making LCC (with or without advance seat assignments).
Give details. Post facts! Avoid flames!