FlyingColours
Topic Author

Air Malta - What Are They Like?

Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:40 am

Hiya Everyone!

I go on holiday this Wednesday (7th July), we were supposed to be flying Azzurra but they ceased ops in December so now we are flying Air Malta from MAN-RHO.

Apart from the fact I have never been to Rhodes before I am really curious as to how Air Malta actually are. We should be on a charter flight so I doubt that the seating is that good but they are scheduled.

Do they have IFE and is it in English?

I know that they are a very safe & respecitble airline and that doesn't worry me I am just very curious about the service and conditions.

My flight leaves at or around 5am so I should get some decent night stop shots  Big grin

Any info would be really appreciated.

Phil
FlyingColours
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil

Ryanair737

RE: Air Malta - What Are They Like?

Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:06 am

Hi Phil,

Air Malta are a good airline, some flight reviews are here.

Your flight should be operated by an A320, or maybe even a new A319, they have started to appear at MAN.

They both have the drop down style LCD screens.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Trevor Thornton
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Joseph Xuereb

Nice leather seating as well.  Big thumbs up

Hope you enjoy your flight.  Smile

Ryanair737
LAST FLIGHTS= Ryanair LPL-BGY-LPL - EI-DPS/DWV - MAY 08 // NEXT FLIGHTS= TBC

FlyingColours
Topic Author

RE: Air Malta - What Are They Like?

Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:20 am

Thanks,

I was hoping it was an Airbus but they have still got some 737s knocking around and I know they are not exactly great. Looking forward to flying though (should be my first flight in a small bus - having been on the A300 and A321).

I'll be writing a nice pair of trip reports when I get back and hopefully some pictures (Although I don't know what our departure will be like).

Phil
FlyingColours
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil