Qantasflyer
Topic Author

Do You Ever Use Your Footrest?

Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:53 pm

I have noticed that some airlines do not have footrests in economy class while others do. The particular airline i am talking about is Qantas. After asking QF why, i recieved a reply stating that many people don not even use the footrest and that it sacrifices legroom. I always use the footrest when flying on other airlines and find them to be a good feature. Now the question do you use the footrest or do you prefer to have the additional legroom?
Qantasflyer That's the spirit. The Spirit of Australia!

mikedlayer

RE: Do You Ever Use Your Footrest?

Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:20 pm

I only use the footrest some times. Most of the time I'm looking out the window or eating the meal anyway, so a lot of the time I'm not really in the right position to use the footrest...but it can be handy sometimes.

Mike

WJA73G

Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:39 am

I flew on AC in may, the 319 didn't have footrests but the A320 with the newer style seats had footrests and they were awkward so If I ever fly AC again and I have those footrests, I probably Won't use them, they were awkward and uncomfortable, much like the pointy headrest.

These ones...

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Pascal Gaudreau

Leskova

Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:06 am

When they're there, I tend to use them... although it does annoy me that they take away a bit of space when they're folded up...
Smile - it confuses people!

ERJ135

Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:01 pm

I've flown a fair bit with a variety of carriers but have only had the foot rests on three aircraft. Air New Zealand 744, Kuwait Airways A340 and China Eastern on both the A340 and A310.
The first time I saw one in cattle class was with KU and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Then after an hour I flipped it up and have never used one since.
Different, of course in Business where the foot rest can be well used.
I remember when the DC-3 was new!

ba97

Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:28 am

Depends on the plane and class. Most Economy or economy plus foot rests are in bad spots and the extra leg room is better. AC, BA -never use them. I'd love to know the height of person they use as the model for their location. In Business class...that is different. I use the foot rests to hang my headphones so I do not sit on them or forget where I put them and get tangled up in the remote and power cables.
there is economy class, business class, first class...then Concorde..pure class

WidgetBoi

Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:20 pm

If it's there, I'll use it.

jeremy

PlymSpotter

Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:53 am

I find footrests to be a problem if, like me, you have big feet. You can`t stretch your legs out because it stops your shoes from moving and on one particular flight I managed to get my foot wedged. You can sometimes get around this by taking your shoes off, so long as your feet don`t smell!

Dan.
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...