FLAIRPORT

Your Prediction For The Airlines This Week

Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:55 am

LAst week, and really over the past 2 weeks, we saw a lot of expansion in the US...from DL going from SLC-CUN, to B6's JFK-PHX, to NWs new focus city in IND. Of course, there was more, but the picture has been painted: this was a good week for airlines.

However, we did see a few cuts, AirTran cut 2 of its cities and 3 of its routes (THL and GSO).

What is in store for this week? Will there be major expansion, a DL reorginazation, or maybe a few more cuts? Anyone have inside info or guess as to whats to come?
NEXT FLIGHT: FLL-ATL-HPN on FL

whitehatter

RE: Your Prediction For The Airlines This Week

Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:58 am

AA will make MAN-BOS year round, because I've just tried to book seats for next week, and the online seat map at aa.com shows something like 95% average loads!
Lead me not into temptation, I can find my own way there...

txagkuwait

Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:09 pm

I don't know if it will be out this week, but the next news from Dallas Love Field will be the announcement that Southwest will inaugurate service in and out of Pittsburgh, with 5 daily trips to Philadelphia and BWI, and 4 daily trips to Nashville and Chicago Midway. Fares on the PHL & BWI trips will be 79 walkup, 39 advance purchase (special intro fare of $29) and the BNA & MDW trips the fare will be $99/$59 with an intro fare of $49.

SafetyDude

Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:14 pm

In the next few weeks, we should see the Virgin (346) order go through. Later in August, or in early in September, we should see the massive SQ order.

Smile
-Will
"She Flew For What We Stand For"