AEROFAN

Has anyone ever flown Hooters Air?

Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:17 pm

Has anyone ever flown Hooters Aair? Are they positioning themselves as a LCC or a full service carrier?

elwood64151

Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:55 pm

Aren't they technically a charter airline?
Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it in summer school.

AEROFAN

Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:00 pm

Aren't they technically a charter airline?

I'm not sure? there was a bit of noise when they started service and then nothing. I seem to think that they may be a scheduled carrier though

QIguy24

Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:13 pm

I always thought that Hooters air is a scheduled carrier. They are like a LCC, but I have never flown with them so I can't tell how their service is.

elwood64151

Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:26 pm

I always thought that Hooters air is a scheduled carrier.

We have this funny little side-set of charters in the US: Scheduled service charter airlines (I have no idea what the real name is!). Southeast Airlines, ATA, and Allegiant were all started as this, and as far as I know, Southeast still is...

IIRC, Hooters Air was started as one of these, but I do not know if they have sinced changed...
Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it in summer school.

NIKV69

Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:29 pm

They have some scheduled service so they are not a total charter outfit. I don't know of any plans to expand service or anything like that.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

Jetblue15

Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:39 pm

My friend flew Hooters air from Newark to Myrtle Beach and said it was god awful. First of all the plane left 2 hours early and then they cancelled his morning flight back and put him on a night flight. Stick to cooking buffalo wings Hooters.
racecar spelled backwards spells racecar

srbmod

Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:52 pm

Hooters Air is still a scheduled charter airline, with those flights flown by Pace Airlines, which is owned by the parent company of Hooters Air. Here's the travel agreement that is part of booking on Hooters Air:
http://www.hootersair.com/travel_information/agreement/

B757capt

Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:58 pm

Sorry about your friends flight but, I do have to ask this question. In the last 18 months of us being in business we have NEVER cancelled a flight. We have had serious delays but NEVER canceled a flight. The worst delay was about 2 months ago MYR-EWR 9 hours all due to weather and flow control. So how could his flight of been canceled. Must not have been an (H1) flight.
The views written by this user are in no manner the views of my employer and should not be thought as such.

Rydel

Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:01 am

Hooters has never cancelled a flight? I find that simply amazing.

Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:21 am

First of all the plane left 2 hours early

Um, legally an airline cannot leave anything more than 10 minutes before it's published departure time. I would have to question this statement.

Hooters has never cancelled a flight? I find that simply amazing.

Not really. Jetblue didn't cancel a flight during it's first year or so of operations.

Hooters Air is a top rate airline. In my opinion, the service and seats are far better than what you would expect on the carriers that fly the same routes.

B

SegmentKing

Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:13 am

Public charters don't fall under the US DOT regulations of Part 121 Scheduled operations. IF all the passengers show up, then the airline can depart early. There is no law stating that flights "must" depart within 15 minutes of departure time.

-n
~ ~ ~ ~ pRoFeSsIoNaL hUrRiCaNe DoDgEr ~ ~ ~ ~

B757capt

Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:32 am

Segment King you are correct but, @ H1 we still can dispatch and get an ok with them just to make sure before we are allowed to push if it will be more then that 10 min. buffer.

The views written by this user are in no manner the views of my employer and should not be thought as such.

Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:53 am

Ok, with a sked charter carrier that is correct, but if you can name me a flight where all the manifested pax checked in and boarded two hours before departure, than you are a better man than I.

Furthermore, what airline would actually leave that early and possibly miss the revenue of walk up passengers?

B

CcrlR

Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:33 am

I'll give you an example of a airline who is a charter but has sheduled flights. Southeast Airlines is a part 121 carrier. This may be something similar to what Hooters Air is. Their aircraft are owned by Pace Airlines. Under Federal Regulations, a Charter airline that sells seats to the public must hold it's money to the day of travel in a FDIC approved insured bank account. This is what Hooters Air may be classified as.
"He was right, it is a screaming metal deathtrap!"-Cosmo (from the Fairly Oddparents)

NIKV69

Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:21 am

A good friend of mine got bumped from a return flight coming back from Myrtle, they gave $400 and he caught the next flight. I think that is good!
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

Francoflier

Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:31 am

If I ever flew Hooters Air I would at least expect the flight attendants and the food to make a difference... Do they?
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

SkyvanMan

Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:51 am

I don think the Hooters Girls are the flight attendants. I saw on their site that there are two Hooters Girls on every flight in addtition to the required number of flight attendants. I also remember seeing somewhere that the Hooters Girls assisted the Flight Attendants and did their normal Hooters Girl stuff, well what could be done on an airline with children around. I have heard though that they dont let 'fat' people be flight attendants. Is that true? Do all of the flight attendants have to look like Hooters Girls? Anyways I want to fly Hooters Air but can't because they don't fly out of LAX. I can't wait until they realize the potential and beocme a real airline.
The 3 best planes of all time: Shorts Skyvan, 330 and 360

atcrick

Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:07 pm

I have heard that one of the problems Hooters Air is having is being based in MYR. Why? Because thats in the Bible belt and alot of folks down there don't like the idea that they think Hooters Air represents. I dont know if this is true, but I heard it from a pretty good source.

natch!!

B757capt

Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:59 am

ATCRICK your comments are ture but, you will find people not liking the source anywhere H1 is to fly.

NONREVKING I've never seen pax show up 2 hrs ahead. but i do have a 55 mins early dep. with 110 pax. Hows that for you.

Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:14 am

B757capt, I worked for Pace from June 2002-June 2003, in flight crew. I did a lot of the Vacation Express flights, and I was the one who wrote the article on Hooters in Airways Magazine.

Do I know you?

B

UN_B732

RE: Has Anyone Ever Flown Hooters Air?

Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:14 am

NonRevKing, you write for Airways?
That was a ***** article!
-Mr. X
What now?

Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:35 am

It was a what article?

B

garnetpalmetto

Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:04 am

I have heard that one of the problems Hooters Air is having is being based in MYR. Why? Because thats in the Bible belt

I've yet to hear anything like this. Also, keep in mind that the Hooters Restaurant Chain is located predominantly in the "Bible belt" as you put it.
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

scottysair

Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:21 am

NonRevKing.

You were work for Pace Airlines with flight crew and it was only for 1 year, correct? If I am wrong about your job records on their airlines. You should keep with their job as for long time.  Smile

Regards

StarCruiser

Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:13 pm

SkyVanMan tell us:

"I don think the Hooters Girls are the flight attendants. I saw on their site that there are two Hooters Girls on every flight in addtition to the required number of flight attendants. I also remember seeing somewhere that the Hooters Girls assisted the Flight Attendants and did their normal Hooters Girl stuff, well what could be done on an airline with children around..."

I have heard the same thing. The girls are in addition to the flight attendants. Actually, I don't think the Hooter's Girls are going to vamp out and corrupt children, but you have to ask yourself, why in the hell would parents take their small children on a Hooter's flight? I mean that's like taking them to an "R" rated movie and then complaining about the language. Alas, some people have just that agenda in mind. Their complaining really gets old for the rest of us who don't care what they think or want to preach. Some people just need to get a life and leave the rest of us alone.

boeingpride800

Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:08 am

Hooters Air is mostly a scheduled airline. Pace Airlines flies into PIE and I saw a Pace flight arrive there once and it was a Hooters Air 757. I believe you can book a charter with Hooters but I think it will be operated by Pace Airlines.

Northwest717

Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:38 am

I have never ridden Hooters Air. However, I have ridden a Hooters girl. Close enough?  Big thumbs up

-Tim  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Dubai: Center of the 21st Century

Thrust

Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:58 am

I never have, I am so sad. That is blending aviation and heaven together, the most tasty combination for me  Big thumbs up  Laugh out loud
Fly one thing; Fly it well