Qantasflyer
Topic Author

What Do You Think Of The New Qantas Commercial?

Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:16 pm

Now that the QF commercial has been aired, what do you think about it? What is your opinion? do you think that it was worth the money of making it? What would you like to see changed?

Honestly i have to admitt that it is of very high quality however i think that those kids singing the QF theme is getting alittle old! I was hoping to see something new. However still a very good commerical.

Regards Qantasflyer
Qantasflyer That's the spirit. The Spirit of Australia!

carnoc

RE: What Do You Think Of The New Qantas Commercial

Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:37 pm

The 'brand new' (although not justified from my personal perspective) commercial looked quite good (I would probably give 7 out of 10), but I have to admit the kind of image doesn't match the amount of money that Qantas had spent. By the way, the commercial was more like a 'refresher' to me than a 'brand-new' adv.

Best Regards.

Qantasflyer
Topic Author

Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:51 pm

By the way, the commercial was more like a 'refresher' to me than a 'brand-new' adv.
Couldn't agree more Carnoc!

Regards Qanatsflyer

CXoneworld

Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:02 pm

It is fantastic!! Guess nothing is ever more spectacular than the Opera House scene... Anyway, I was almost convinced by the commercial of how "global" Qantas was!!

But I didn't remember seeing Japan or China? Or did I just miss it somewhere?  Confused
oneworld alliance revolves around you

Qantasflyer
Topic Author

Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:20 pm

Is the commercial being shown on the 7 network only or has it been seen on other channels?

Regards Qanatsflyer

qantas747

Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:09 pm

You know, with all the moeny they have spent on advertising through these olympics, one wold have expected the commercial to be aired in Canberra. Very disappointing, All we get is the Holden, Telstra, bunnings and LG ads :'( Ahh well, I hope the money they paid is worth it....... They must see Canberra as a safe haven from competition basically, with all the government travel and all.

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!
OI OI OI
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!
OI OI OI
AUSSIE, OI, AUSSIE, OI
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
OI OI OI!

C'mon Australia!

carnoc

Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:27 am

To CXoneWorld,

If I'm not wrong, the new adv didn't have any shots done in either China or Japan.

Best Regards.

To Qantasflyer,

You could be right, I reckon it seemed more to be a refresher was probably due to the fact it was in the very early morning and I was almost asleep anyway.

Best Regards.

CXoneworld

Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:02 am

A dedicated page on Qantas.com:

http://www.qantas.com.au/info/about/company/iscah?lk=promoau

Guess some of you may want to have a look at it...  Smile
oneworld alliance revolves around you

TSV

Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:19 am

Well I've seen a Qantas ad on the Olympics coverage and you are right - pretty much the same as the old one/s.

By the looks of it the budget went into padding Singo's wallet and also on the insurance premium placing kiddies in high places in strange and far distant foreign lands.

I'd be happier with better service and cheaper flights (not to mention them spending the money on replacing Dash 8s!) and not wasting money on jingoistic waffle.
"I told you I was ill ..." Spike Milligan

Qantasflyer
Topic Author

Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:58 pm

So has anyone seen the commercial on another network and have viewers noticed that the commercial does not air as often as the other olympic partners comemrcials?

Regards Qanatsflyer
Thanks for that carnoc