Although slightly biased, I have to say VS
does have that personal touch.
After my wife and I got married in the US and were flying home, my mum sent a letter to them, telling them how we had got together and always flown VS
to see each other back and forth from LHR
Well surprisingly, we get to our seats in economy and about 10 minutes later the First Class Senior Stewardess comes walking up with a free mini bottle of champagne for us and a note from SRB, congratulating us on our wedding.
I know it doesn't seem like a huge benefit, but hey, we were just 2 people in the thousands that fly VS
every day, you asked about a personal touch. I think that was definitely it!
Hence the name: VS4ever.
VS4ever (ah, the memories).
In regards to actual flight service. I tend to agree with the above:
- just another face in the crowd (particularly in cattle class)
- nice all round, pretty friendly, happy to help, even in economy.
- if there was an award for sandwich tossing, they would win, an hour's flight yes, Friday night, yes, attitude, bloody awful.
- superb, can't fault it for an LCC (although not tried Jetblue yet), funniest flight announcements EVER!
- Long time since I flew with them, but pretty good for a charter, seat pitch sucks, but what do you expect.
- Again a long time since I flew with them, they were ok at the time.
Customer Relations -
Cargo - excellent, our cat traveled "across the pond" very well indeed.
- always helpful, if there is a deal to be had on a flight, they'll find it for you.
- very smooth for a relatively late booking, cheap price (OAK
), on-line check in (very useful) and got off on time.
not much experience of any others.
Just my limited $0.02