747buff
Topic Author

Going To BOS...have A Few Questions

Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:15 am

Hi there,

Next month I will be flying NW on the MSP-BOS-MSP route. I was wondering a few things about check-in and the flight itself.

According to my reservation, both flights will have the BOB meal service. However, from a few stories I have read on here, it seems somewhat unreliable. (not enough meals loaded, etc.) Should I buy something at the airport beforehand or take a chance and wait to buy food on the flight?

Also, I don't have a credit card, but I have a Visa debit card issued thru my bank. Will I be able to use it for check-in at an E-ticket machine?

Any info is appreciated and I look forward to your replies.

Thanks.

--Andrew
At Eastern, we earn our wings every day!

N801NW

RE: Going To BOS...have A Few Questions

Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:29 am

The e-ticket machine only uses the card's info (located on the mag stripe) to identify you as a ticketed passenger. i.e. you name. A Visa Debit card is fine.

navairjax

Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:56 am

I just flew LGA-MEM on NW earlier today and waited to try the BOB meal. What they had was a $5 snackbox which consist of a small sandwich, raisins, oreos, goldfish crackers, and chips. If you like those type of snacks its worth it but if you're like me and really just want a good sandwich you may want to buy something beforehand.

Logan22L

Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:31 am

747buff: The info. above from N801NW and Navairjax looks right to me also. The Boston area in September is really nice: cool mornings and warm afternoons. Hopefully there'll be a west wind (often is) and you'll approach over the harbor - a beautiful sight during the day...

Logan
"The deeper you go, the higher you fly. The higher you fly, the deeper you go."