NWAFA
Topic Author

How Is It To Work For Virgin?

Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:22 pm

I was wondering if people that work for Virgin, both in the UK and Australia could share with us how it is to work for them?

How is their service in Australia? Is it well received? How is the On-Board product?

Just wondering since they are coming to the states soon.

Thanks!
NWAFA
THANK YOU FOR FLYING NORTHWEST AIRLINES, WE TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS!

geoffm

Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:43 pm

You might want to clarify whether you mean Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Blue, Virgin Express... (international, Oz domestic, and European cheapo airlines respectively) since those are completely different kettles of fish!

Geoff M.

PS is Virgin Express still around?

NWAFA
Topic Author

Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:27 am

Thanks Geoffm! I understand they are differnt carriers yet they are all under the Virgin name....
THANK YOU FOR FLYING NORTHWEST AIRLINES, WE TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS!

VS11

Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:59 am

Virgin Atlantic flies to the USA. Get a ticket to London from the major coastal cities and see for yourself.

TS-IOR

Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:13 am

Each airline has its commercial aims and this affects the service. The most luxurious would be Virgin Atlantic Airways (UK) and the others are pop' airlines !!!
Next flight TUN-YUL Tunisair A330-243.

AlitaliaMD11

Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:02 am

hey

Virgin Express is still around i saw one at MAD yesterday.

I have flown Virgin atlantic 6 times and love there service. I am sure that Virgin America will be as good as Virgin Atlantic. I dought that you will get a packet unless it is on a over night flight. I look forward to having very good times on Virgin America. Sorry for Jet Blue and Song who might lose me as a customer if Virgin America turns out to be good.
No Vueling No Party

AEROFAN

RE: How Is It To Work For Virgin?

Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:32 pm

NWAFA,

lthough they do have the Virgin name they operate as totally separate companies. There is no commanality in management structures etc. As you can see for the most part they are also operating in different parts of the world and thus labour laws and regulations will also play a part. From what I have heard it is ok to work for Virgin Atlantic. But I'm sure like any other company it too has its rules which annoy employees no end. Just a matter I guess to whom you speak.