AMS
Topic Author

America West Airlines First Class

Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:55 pm

I found out that it is possible to upgrade my HP ticket to First class against a charge of $150 for the upgrade......Anyone ever flown HP First Class?

I think that the upgrade charge is very low!, Although I am not to sure if its worth it?!

Any comments are appreciated!

Regards,
AMS

yokohama1970

RE: America West Airlines First Class

Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:55 am

Is the flight more than 2 or 3 hours? If First Class is available, why not?! Our First Class is average. Our Flight Attendants vary, but most offer great service. Our A319/320 & 737's offer priority boarding & dis-embarking. Our 757-200's (like most other carriers) board through L2 (mid-cabin), so you have priority boarding, not dis-embarking. In-flight Entertainment is out-dated. Drop-down LCD displays & audio programing. Your single-prong 1/4" headphones will work on the A319/320. Your personal headphones offer superior comfort & performance.

If you would like a wider seat, 2 x 2 seating & more attentive service, then go First! Check out these links for AWA stuff. Let me know which flight & travel date, I may be working that day.

Have a great journey.

Tom

http://www.americawest.com/services/foodbeverage/fb_foodservice.htm

http://www.americawest.com/flightfund/partners/ff_airlinetravel.htm
Thank You Derek! Good Luck with the LA Dodgers

kc7mmi

Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:10 pm

Flying 1st class sure woulda been great when I flew to and from ANC (from PHX). If it's less than a three hour flight, then coach is fine with me. Yo Tom!
-Benjamin

flyboy7974

Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:09 pm

i just flew hp first class, phx-las-bur-las-phl. on all flights, f/a were courteous, offered attention to detail, and were professional to all pax traveling. on the longer flight, lunch service was offered, exactly as pictured on americawest.com, but the f/a offered service in courses instead of the meal all at once. better yet, upon arrival into philly, she shook every F pax hand and thanked them for flying hp. i loved it, she enjoyed her job, and it showed, and the flight was made that much more pleasant because of her. again, i tried hp buy on board program, and enjoyed that after enjoying the F lunch. Tom, i forgot to say hello to you passing through on tuesday. i will be back through phx to bur on tuesday, and then back from bur on wed, maybe i will see ya in phx.

yokohama1970

Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:07 pm

Flyboy

Are you traveling on Tuesday (10/12) & Wednesday (10/13)? Let me know which flights or times? If you have some time, send AWA an e-mail about your LAS-PHL flight. You may get some extras.

I sent an e-mail to Wal-Mart, to compliment their Sam's Choice Popcorn with Peanuts product. It is really good, cheaper & has peanuts in every handful. They sent me a nice letter & a $5 Wal-Mart/Sam's Club gift card. Completely unexpected, though!

Tom

http://www.americawest.com/contact/ps_email.asp
Thank You Derek! Good Luck with the LA Dodgers

flyboy7974

Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:01 pm

yep, this tuesday, i leave philly to see the parents in la for a day, then wed, back to arizona. flights are below.

tuesday, october 12

phl-phx hp287
phx-las hp6
las-bur hpx6678

wednesday, october 13

bur-las hp835
las-phx hp548
phx-prc hpx6828

what do mean about sending them an email, do you mean about the service, and what extras does hp allow. the only thing being elite that i wish we would get were more above and beyond certificates. i think 6 is low, to me, that is saying that they hope only 6 times a year i find that someone goes above and out of their way for me, i wish they would allot more to their elite

flyboy7974

Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:43 pm

tom, thanks for that link, just sent my compliment, let's see if tues works out, usually the airbuses, except for a few, come into A, maybe we'll get sent over to your side though