Frontiercpt

Anyone Ever Have Aviation Related Dreams?

Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:43 am

Hey everyone! Well, a week ago or so, I woke up, and I suddenly remembered(for once,lol) what I had dreamed about. Well, it was really weird because I remembered that in my dream, I had asked an unidentified person(I couldn't see them from the point where I was standing in my dream) how a pregnant woman can tell if she is going to have an Airbus, or Boeing, Canadiar, ATR, or what ever kind of manufacturer! Sort of related to having a boy, or girl, if you didn't catch on. When I thought back about it, I was like, wow, I must be one *%&$^# up 13 year old kid!  Big thumbs up Anyone have any similar or other interesting experiences in your dreams to share....that are related to aviation?
~Sean~

ArmitageShanks

RE: Anyone Ever Have Aviation Related Dreams?

Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:09 pm

Usually when I dream about aviation (very rarely) it's a negative dream usually resulting in my being in or seeing a crash.

ZKSUJ

Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:20 pm

Yeah, all the time. The same old fantasy, the pilots get sick and I save the day and get a job at the airlines.
Very common with most a.netters so I hear but near impossible in reality.

studentflyer

Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:55 pm

I have dreamt about a plane crash, can't really identify the aircraft, that crashed into my very lawn. It's kinda weird, that I started saving people off the burning wreck... In reality, those kinda things wouldn't really happen, as ZKSUJ mentioned.... But nothing related to aviation other than that...

Regards,
AK

TheBigOne

Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:47 pm

This is one great post, seeing that I woke up a few hours ago after having a rather strange dream.

I dreamt I was in NewYork and was being dropped off at the airport (which is right next to the Empire State building!) by my brother. As we were driving to the airport a United 747-400 flew overhead, and a frozen man fell off it and onto the airport terminal.  Wow! I then tried to check in for an Air India flight (for which I had an ID90 ticket) to London, but was angrily told I was only allowed to fly business on United. After checking in with United, I found my way to the business class lounge, only to find that it was in a mess because the frozen man had fallen through the roof and had smashed into small bits on the floor. That however did not stop me from ordering a pizza from the chef (who knows where he came from) and I was sitting in this messed up lounge eating it and waiting for my flight! You couldnt make this kind of cr@p up if you tried!!  Nuts
Reach for the stars - they are closer than you think!

MADtoCAE

Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:49 pm

I dreamt that I was a commercial pilot flying a invisible plane. Laugh out loud
Ashley
Operator!!! Give me the number for 911!!

Cathay Pacific

Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:16 pm

All the time!

The most recent one was about me getting an upgrade from J to F on CX :P
cathay pacific, now you're really flying

levent

Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:19 am

Yeah, but not a very good one and based on a true story: after Air Nostrum´s Fokker 50 crash at Melilla, I kept waking up a few nights after dreaming about the crash (sort of replaying the flight from Malaga to Melilla, approach, landing and subsequently skidding off the runway...) I haven´t been in the crash myself, but went to Melilla and saw the wreckage a day after.

bAe146TOM

Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:00 am

Yeah I've had a very very strange one where as I have always wanted to fly a 744 I finally boarded one and inside it was just a big swimming pool n every one was jumping in forcing the plane to crash in the river themes SEE TOLD YOU IT WAS WEIRD LOL!
bAe146TOM Big thumbs up

FJWH

Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:14 am

Becoming a pilot!!  Smile.

And one time of an A320 crash in our back yard. Most horrific dream I ever had! The crash felt sooo hard (I was in our house) but that was because I had fallen out of bed  Sad!!!

Really bad nightmare but still wanna become a pilot, hopefully starting in september 2006!!

FJWH  Smile
FlightS in the next 3 months: MSP, PHX, MEM, NCE, TFS, BCN. All round trips from AMS