wdleiser

Which Airline Has The Best First Class

Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:49 pm

http://www.forbes.com/2004/10/19/cx_cv_1019poll.html

I voted for Lufthansa for the fact their service is amazing. I am surprised that COA is doing so well because in my opinion their business First product sucks in comparison to other airlines business class let alone the first class of most airlines. Lufthansa's new business class is much nicer than COA's business first IMO.

Tell me what you all think.

geoffm

RE: Which Airline Has The Best First Class

Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:36 am

Virgin Upper Class is superb, although people say it is a combi first/business class. COA is also a combi, not first class, so you can't really compare it to a full first class airline. However, IMX it is very good quality - better than business class. After all, they've won numerous awards for it so I think you're in a minority there! BA's business class is somewhat poor compared to EK and CO.

Geoff M.

fbgdavidson

Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:26 am

BA's business class is somewhat poor compared to EK and CO

In what respect? I've flown neither CO or EK but have hear and seen their seat and basically (that is what J is mostly about) and the EK seat doesn't hold a candle to NCW.

I voted BA in the survey, admitedly it is the only airline I have flown in F (and only done it six times so not a fair comparison) but having seen pictures / read trip reports / family experience I have made a reasonable choice. How CO is leading that poll ahead of the likes of SQ, CX and BA is astonishing! New EK F suite is pretty high up there but due to limited routes gets an honourable mention in this
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

geoffm

Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:27 am

"I have flown in F" - that's first class, not business class. I haven't flown BA first class, so I can't comment on that. All I can say is, compared to my biz class flights with EK and CO, BA ranks third. Seats and IFE are much of a muchness, but decent crews and good food improve the experience - something which IMX BA was lacking.

I actually found the EK seat to be very comfortable. So it's not lie flat, but I still managed to sleep - which is a rare occurence for me.

BTW I should have mentioned I'm talking about BA's non-lie-flat seats (haven't tried the newer ones), although the seat is only a part of the product.

Geoff M.

fbgdavidson

Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:31 am

Geoff, when I referred to BA F I was talking about the original poll again  Smile

New Club World flat seat is a great improvement on the cradle seat, although the 'fairground slide' was a little better for a day flights, more like an armchair.
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

zrs70

Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:16 am

Let's keep business class out of the discussion.

Here's my vote for best international F products. I have experienced these carriers, and none are bad, this is just the pecking order:

1) NH
2) SQ
3) CX
4) NZ
5) BA
6) TG
7) UA
17 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2016

klmcedric

Wich Airline Has The Best First Class

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:37 pm

I've flown C-class on Sabena and KLM, never first clas though.
It looks to me as if the first class product on EK's A-345 is unbeatable at the moment.
I would so much like to try this one out!!!

Give it a GO

Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:51 am

Just to clear it up - there is NO first class on any Virgin Atlantic flight, and there NEVER has been.

We have Upper Class - which is the same price as British Airways business Class - Club World.

The fact that our 'business class' is FAR better than the British Airways 1st Class product, as well as a lot cheaper speaks for itself.

(Virgin also has the largest flying flat bed anywhere in the world - all for a business class fare).

fbgdavidson

Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:15 am

We have Upper Class - which is the same price as British Airways business Class - Club World

Well not true. A friend was looking up flights to PHL and while BA F to PHL was £4400, VS UCS to JFK was £4200

I've never flown in the VS lavatory stools but I think despite all the VS marketing hype these pictures show it in the real world
http://vsveil.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/

[Edited 2004-10-25 21:21:41]

anstar

Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:49 am

I've flown BA first & QF first andf i have to say judging by the VS pictures there is NO comparison. The VS J seats look like coffins

BCal Dc10

Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:25 pm

The fact that our 'business class' is FAR better than the British Airways 1st Class product, as well as a lot cheaper speaks for itself.

LOL - have you ever flown BA First? It is in a different league to the VS "Business" class product.... you should try it sometime.

From those pics, that VS cabin layout looks hideous.

give me this any day....

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Jason Milligan

Btw, ref. the article, I'm not sure how you can compare CO's domestic first product to BA's, CX, SQ's etc international F class - it just isn't the same.

Not a great piece by Forbes.....