MADtoCAE
Topic Author

What Do You Think Of CAE?

Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:02 am

What do you think of Columbia SC airport?
Have you ever flown there?I fly there every summer on DL basically ATL-CAE,
but this year CVG-CAE.
I really like the carpet at the airport.
For some reason I always board on gate 9.What plane did you fly when you were there?I fly the CRJ-200,737,and this year the BAE-146.
How about you?
Operator!!! Give me the number for 911!!

garnetpalmetto

RE: What Do You Think Of CAE?

Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:35 am

CAE's my home airport. It's small, but nice. Usually fly CRJs, ERJs, or Dash-8s out of there. Love the new parking garage too. My only real complaint about it would be the concessions...the food at the snack bar is hardly worth it. The airport bar, however...not so bad  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

From a spotting standpoint, it's extremely boring. Passenger aircraft are limited to CRJs, ERJs, FRJs, Dash-8s, and 737s. Oh and of course, I think we need a more viable LCC. Independence is nice but unfortunately I'm starting to get a bit troubled by its economic forecast. WN would be great, as would Airtran.
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

MADtoCAE
Topic Author

Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:08 am

I couldn't agree more.Have you ever been spotting there?
Have any pics?
Operator!!! Give me the number for 911!!

garnetpalmetto

Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:59 pm

No pics to speak of. I'm generally too lazy to take my camera with me when I head over to Midlands Tech. Shame, as there's a GREAT group shot of the remaining DH FRJ's by Eagle Aviation just waiting to be taken.
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.