Checo77
Topic Author

What Are You Bored Of?

Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:19 pm

Sometimes, flying too much can be boring. What bores you? What do you find so monotonous you just hate it?
I get bored with the usual bla bla bla safety procedure video or demonstrations. So damn boring!!!!!!!!!!
Also I hate the usual "chicken or pasta" choice on board and the so usual eggs for breakfast. Also I get bored with the usual very repetitive crew behavior and most of all: movies that you already saw (on planes with no PTV´s). There´s then nothing else to do. So boring when that happens. But still, I enjoy every flight!
Regards,
Adam
Czech Boeing lover living in Lima

wilco737

RE: What Are You Bored Of?

Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:42 pm

Hi Checo77,

yeah, some things can be really boring if you fly too much! But I love to look outside, because it always looks different out there... So, take a camera and take a lot of pictures of great clouds or landscapes...

Or read a book  Wink/being sarcastic or talk to the people next to you  Wink/being sarcastic

WILCO737

ZKSUJ

Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:13 pm

What do the longer haul pilots do? My dad said that his friend (744 captain) reads books, plans holidays, another guy I know says he sleeps all flight long,
what ecactly do I have install for me in my hopeful future career?  Big grin

kc7mmi

Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:30 pm

Yep, the usual safety briefings at the beginning of the flight is boring--important but boring. Taxiing: I HATE taxiing. I also don't like flying at night when I can't see anything. I generally get board when flying longer than 2.5hrs. I get real board when I'm stuck in a non-window seat, especially when I'm right behind the wall!!!!

DABZF

Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:10 pm

I know (remotely) a 742F captain who likes to fly a cesna with a MS Flight Simulator on his laptop while he's on command of his 747 - he said to me that he loves to fly! Well, hell yeah - flying two a/c's at the same time!  Big thumbs up

Though this might also be a statement that flying an airliner is sometimes boring job  Big grin

I like driving backwards in the fog cause it doesn't remind me of anything - Chris Cornell

MADtoCAE

Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:51 pm

One Q,if the pilots aren't supposed to open the door in flight,do they go to the lavatory?
Operator!!! Give me the number for 911!!

AlitaliaMD11

Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:42 am

G' Day
I am bored of on AF when ever I fly them for long haul whitch has been 8 times the IFE always breaks down!!! I have flown AF 14 times including short haul and I just wish they would get better IFE!!
No Vueling No Party

macc

Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:04 pm

not working personal IFEs is definitly a boring thing, if the guy across the aisle has all you want to look at, but cant see.

another thing i am bored of is the new miles and more program of LH. no mercy for the cattle class. i did 40 flights this year and got my frequent flyer stat some weeks ago. but for no good reason. i will now fly the cheapest and not the alliance preferably.
I exchanged political frustration with sexual boredom. better spoil a girl than the world

Pe@rson

Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:03 am

I normally read while on long-haul flights, watch the movies, listen to music, etc. I find it quite easy to pass the time.

What I'm not keen on is flying when I'm very tired. In fact, last Tuesday I fell asleep on 2 of 4 flights - even though the longest flight duration was just 55 minutes!
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

USairways16BWI

Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:18 am

i hate waiting forever for my bags to come out at baggage claim. Also, i hate those safety videos....as much as i fly, i think i know what do do in case of an emergency....i also hate it when they replay the whole thing in spanish(no offense to all you spanish speaking people), but i really dont think they need to play it in spanish on a flight like BWI-MSP! lastly, i dont like it when there is an almost empty flight and a person has to sit right next to me when there is a whole empty plane to sit anywhere else.. those are a few things i dont like!  Smile