Catatonic
Topic Author

Next UK Carrier To Go Bust

Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:28 am

As the thread says, who do you think will be the next UK carrier to go bust, your predictions please:
Equally Cursed and Blessed.

kl911

RE: Next UK Carrier To Go Bust

Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:31 am

Well, since you ask....

BA, since they always treat me as garbage. ( And their FA's are to old... Laugh out loud)

KL911

Evolution

Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:53 am

Its very difficult, if not impossible to predict which airliner will go bust this winter.

Hopefully none of the airlines will cease operations, think of all the people who will loose their jobs.

Anyway, the smaller LOCo's / charters might find it difficult this winter with the low winter load factors and $50 per barrel fuel prices.

BA will not go bust. They to treat me, both as a passenger and professionally (The company I work for puts cost to £15M+ of UK sales per year to BA), in an unsatisfactory way.

Professionally, If you call there trade lines they are really not interested in the travel agent. Its very sad, but I would not like to see the airline go bust, just change their approach!

Skymonster

Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:59 am

MYT must be regarded as a dodgy prospect right now. But if you really look closely, most have good prospects for seeing out the winter whatever the mad Irishman might want us to believe. If any go from the UK, I think they'll be bit-part players rather than well-knowns (e.g. someone like EUJet will go rather than someone like BMI or FlyBe).

Andy
There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots

JeffDCA

Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:05 am

I'd say probably MYT, although they have been holding on for a long time. BA, as Evolution said, won't be going bust any time soon. With good profits, good loads and a good outlook, it doesn't matter how old their FA's are  Wink/being sarcastic

Cheers,

Jeff
If something hasn't broken on your helicopter, it's about to.

Catatonic
Topic Author

Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:07 am

Does anyone know how mytravellite are doing? and what about air scotland?
Equally Cursed and Blessed.

Evolution

Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:16 am

Do you think the predictions of one 'mad Irish man' - MOL are correct?

He says its going to be a 'blood bath this winter'. The LOCO's will be dropping like flies etc etc.

I wonder if he's trying to distract attention away from FR? They are exposed to the high fuel charges (limited hedging) and offering free flight offers more often than not. The airline has also has lots of new aircraft to pay for.

I don't thin FR will go bust, but I think MOL comments this winter have been made for the sole purpose of deflecting attention away from FR and its share price?

JeffDCA

Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:30 am

I don't thin FR will go bust

I think they will.. good ridance and all! Making pilots pay for their uniforms, car parking, days off, training, applications, and not allowing them crew meals, or even crew water! Not to mention all these rediculous ideas they keep on coming out with to cut their own costs. They deserve to go down, i just can't wait to see EasyJet boom when it happens! Then we'll see who's the smart ass in town, Mr O'Leary!

Cheers,

Jeff
If something hasn't broken on your helicopter, it's about to.

JGPH1A

Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:08 am

WW - maybe not bankruptcy, but possibly bought out and merged into a rival.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

Pe@rson

Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:53 am

FR go brankrupt? It's one of the most profitable airlines in the world (and Europe's most profitable)! It keeps increasing. It is an EXCEEDINGLY unlikely prospect. Oh, and FR is Irish, not British.

I reckon WW will be next.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

Thom@s

Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:27 am

My money is on BustAir. (Sorry for the cheezy one...)  Acting devilish

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

Capital146

Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:59 am

Let me say that I most definately do not wish to see any carrier go bust.

But if I had to speculate on the next one in the UK to go I would stick my neck out and say possibly Air Wales. Too many routes have been started and quickly dropped for such a small carrier to prosper. Is a code-share with WW really something to shout from the rooftops given WW's own fragile state?

Another contender would have been EU Jet, but of course we all know this is an IRISH airline, not UK.
Like a fine wine, one gets better with age.

EZYAirbus

Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:37 am

FR go brankrupt? It's one of the most profitable airlines in the world (and Europe's most profitable)! It keeps increasing. It is an EXCEEDINGLY unlikely prospect. Oh, and FR is Irish, not British.

They still a pile of shit and sooner they gone the better!
http://www.glenneldridgeaviation.com

Pe@rson

Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:46 am

LOL. If they were so shit, then they wouldn't be so successful and wouldn't be going from strength-to-strength year-on-year. If they were so shit they'd be going backwards, not forwards. Quite a simple concept!
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

GVBIG

Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:58 am

"They still a pile of shit and sooner they gone the better!"

Oh do grow up. Seeing as you work for that orange rival of theirs I'd have thought you'd be able to acknowledge and repsect what they have done for the budget airline market.

If they're a pile of shit then why did you choose to fly on them with no evident reason for travel other than the flight? Did the shiny blue paint make the aircraft go supersonic or something?

Josh.
Booked it, Packed it, f*cked off!

EZYAirbus

Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:04 am

Went like shit off a shovel at first but the caravan on the back slowed us down a bit!  Big thumbs up
http://www.glenneldridgeaviation.com

ThomasCook

Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:39 am

Hi,

My money is on Thomsonfly.com/Britannia! TUI - the mining and steel company  Insane , isn't doing to well!

Pe@rson

FR do well because people don't want to pay over a fiver for a flight these days!

Regards
ThomasCook
A380 Crew

AirWales

Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:37 am

Either MYT or BMI Baby.