AAplatnumflier
Topic Author

Which Airline Is It Most Worth It To Be A Ranking

Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:53 am

In your opinion what airline is it most worth to be a "ranking" flier i.e platnum 1k flier. It dont matter what rank, just what airline is it most worth it.

ANCFlyer

Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:59 am

Well, if, big frickin' IF, UA wasn't in the crapper I'd say UA - Star Alliance is hard to beat. Having said that - right now my $$$ is on CO. Partnered with DL and NW, and not in bankruptcy or the threat thereof, still feeding it's pax real food (if that's what airlines food can be called), still with a decent cabin service, CO is the way to go.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

WesternA318

Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:59 am

In my opinion, and also because I'm a member of these airlines elite programs:

* Continental Onepass (PlatinumElite, 135,412 miles)
* America West Flightfund (Platinum Level, 100,017 miles)
* Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns (Summit Level, 75,963 miles)

I rather enjoy all three of these programs equally, but LOVE Continental's route system advatages.
Check out my blog at fl310travel.blogspot.com!

N1120A

Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:07 am

CO may have a good route system and partnerships with SkyTeam, but they treat FF's like crap, not allowing full mileage credit on discounted Y class if they fly a partner carrier, only if they fly CO, cutting benefits, etc. UA has long treated its FF's extremely well, even now, and still see them as the road to success. AAdvantage is also a good one, as you probably know.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

ANCFlyer

Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:13 am

Western318: I am also a Platinum with HP FlightFund. Problem is they don't have partners like they had in the past (very convenient when they partnered with CO). Therefore, they didn't make my cut.

N1120a: Never had a problem with CO treating me like crap. Rather the reverse, I find upgrading with UA to be a challenge at best.

FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

WesternA318

Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:20 am

ANCflyer,

you bring up a good point, but because I fly so much between SLC and other cities in the west and western mid-west, HP is a good choice, since I can;t stand flying on UA, DL or WN.
Check out my blog at fl310travel.blogspot.com!