densint0524

Questions About UA & BMI Transatlantic Service

Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:24 pm

i am supposed to travel on UA from IAD-LHR and BMI LHR-BRU and UA from BRU-IAD. I've been on UA, but never on BMI. Can anyone let me know what to expect such as IFE, food, check-in, overall service, and customs? Thanks!

SmithAir747

RE: Questions About UA & BMI Transatlantic Ser

Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:23 am

If you'd like a first-hand perspective on BMI's inflight service, here is my recently-written trip report about my 2003 UA/BMI trip to England:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/52123/
(First Trip to England: UA 777 & BMI A330)

Enjoy!

SmithAir747
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made... (Psalm 139:14)

ORDINDUAFLYER

RE: Questions About UA & BMI Transatlantic Ser

Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:04 am

A few weeks ago I did a day trip to BRU from LHR on BMI, in Y. Morning flight (departed around 0730) was a beverage service accompanied by a hot breakfast sandwich (I think one was a cheese & tomato omelet, the other was bacon & cheese omelet). Evening flight (departed around 1930) was a beverage service with a cold sandwich. I think the sandwich I had was turkey & mustard (ham & mustard? something like that) and there was a cheese sandwich option as well.

Service was efficient and quick, I didn't ask for anything special so I don't know how they would've responded. But the flight time was so short I was surprised that they did the service. I was in the 3rd row of coach on each trip (thanks to *Gold!) and they only had about 20 minutes to service the Y cabin is what I overheard them saying.

Enjoy Brussels -- one of my favorite cities!