yokohama1970

Discovery Wings Becomes The Military Channel

Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:17 pm

I really like Discovery Wings Channel. It has a lot of unique programs for Aviation fans. I am not okay with this change! Why not start a seperate Discovery Military Channel & leave Discovery Wings Channel alone? I will miss "From the Ground Up", "Learning To Fly", "A Plane is Born", "Profiles of Flight" & the numerous Aviation Documentaries. Any comments?

Tom

http://wings.discovery.com/
Thank You Derek! Good Luck with the LA Dodgers

kc7mmi

RE: Discovery Wings Becomes The Military Channel

Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:51 pm

I totally agree Tom, this really sucks. In fact, I was hoping that they would move to become more of a civil aviation channel. Military aircraft are great and all, but there's only a few types and they're almost all the same color.

rdu777

Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:34 am

I agree as well. It's bad enough that the commercial and general aspects aren't touched on as much as the military side and now it'll be even worse. I guess the only satisfaction I'll get is watching week nights at 6pm, when they are all about aviation.

Newark777

Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:33 pm

I think one reason for the switch is the availability of free military programming distributed by the Air Force. I've heard that they give a lot of the footage away as sort of a PR move. The civil aviation shows were good, too, although they repeated them so many times, I began to lose interest. Anyway, I'm going to miss my civil aviation shows, especially "Airport."  Sad
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

BAtripleseven

Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:00 am

Discovery Wings is the worst channel now. I used to love it but almost everything is about old military planes...what is this?!?!?!?!?!

Super Em

Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:57 pm

Discovery Wings was a big disappointment. They replayed the same shows over and over again. There's so much potential for a good aviation channel. I guess there's not much interest out there for one.