aa777jr

Celebs On Your Flight

Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:37 pm

My last LAX-AUS flight, I sat next to former Texas Governor Ann Richards. I believe she works for a pharmaceutical company now as a lobbyist. On the same flight, Jesse James from the cable show Orange County Choppers was sacked out in 1A. I was waiting to get picked up at the airport, and Sandra Bullock pulled up in a Range Rover to pick up Jesse James. I think they are an item.  Smile
A liberal is a man who is right most of the time, but he's right too soon.

ua777222

RE: Celebs On Your Flight

Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:50 pm

Drew Barrymore 1D SFO-LAX. The entire cabin was looking at her but I was too pissed at the fact that there was no window due to E+ upgrades. Didn't figure it out until we got off the a/c when the capt. came out to talk to her.

Thanks again.

UA777222

AA777jr,

It's West Coast Choppers and I don't even watch the damn show.....

[Edited 2004-12-25 10:52:46]
"It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."

ZKSUJ

Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:53 pm

I had that guy from Lord of the Rings on my flight (NZ 737-300 from AKL-WLG). I believe he was a hobbit.

ANCFlyer

Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:55 pm

Art Linkletter sat next to me DCA-PHL-LAX on US1 about 6 years ago. And, I forget her name, the young blonde from that TV show Northern Exposure and her boyfriend on UA SEA-HNL in the early 1990s. Flying in/out of DCA had numerous US Senators/Congresspersons - whether they are considered celebrities or not, I'd dare not say  Smile

I don't really pay that much attention to celebrities on planes, and if one is identified, I leave them alone . . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Flyinround731

Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:33 am

Some people don't consider politicians to be celebrities, but, former TX Governor Ann Richards did a guest spot on "King of the Hill" once (as Bill's girlfriend), so she's a celeb of sorts you could say. I've never flown with celebrities aboard, or else I didn't see them.
-Joe

Newark777

Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:36 am

Once shared an American Eagle fight with Keith Richards, going to the Bahamas. I was too young to know who he was, though.  Sad

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

isitsafenow

Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:47 am

The best I can do is when I worked the gates years ago, My co-workers and I checked in quite a few celebs and politicians.
safe
If two people agree on EVERYTHING, then one isn't necessary.

ArmitageShanks

Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:53 am

I flew with Jennifer Capriati on Alitalia from BRU-FCO.

RCS763AV

Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:32 am

I had the Colombian Prime Minister (2nd after the President) on a CTG-BOG flight. Also, I found to be sitting 3 rows behind Shakira on a BOG-MEX flight.

Shamrock_747

Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:29 am

Jonathon Ross in VS J class LGW-MCO.

Merry Christmas everyone.  Smile

JUANR

Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:25 pm

RCS763AV: there is no Prime Minister in Colombia, perhaps you are talking about the Vice-President, Are you? BTW Who? Bell? Santos?

Juan
SKBO
Bogotá: 2600 Metros Más Cerca De Las Estrellas; Vamos por los XVII Juegos Nacionales!!!!!!!!!

BAViscount

Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:39 am

Back in 1984 I flew LGW-IBZ on the same BCal DC10 as Linda Lusardi (probably only the older UK members will remember that "Page 3 Stunner"!). She even stopped to do a photocall at the top of the stairs when we landed at IBZ...with top ON!

More recently I was on a BA A319 TXL-LHR with Trevor Nelson the DJ. After we landed I overheard his entourage saying that he'd left his mobile on the plane...I bet whoever found it was able to make calls to some interesting people in his telephone directory!
Ladies & gentlemen this is Captain Tobias Wilcock welcoming you aboard Coconut Airways flight 372 to Bridgetown Barb

CougarAviator

Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:11 pm

Charles Barkley from PHX to IAH...........
Failure is not an option.....

skytrain

Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:26 pm

The one and only Margaret Thatcher! On a flight from LGW to GIB in either 1996 or 1998. Big grin

Cheers - Skytrain.

pdxtriple7

Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:35 pm

Ruben Patterson- NBA Player- 2002, PDX-CVG

AEROFAN

Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:00 am

Minne Driver on a VS flt JFK-LHR

That guy from 60Mins -Awwwwwww what's his name now??? Steve something on a flt from Montreal-LGA

Claudia Schiffer LAX- LON on VS

The guy who plays the critic on the comedy Frasier- LHR-JFK

Some British pop group - That squealed whenever there was a bit of turbulence - LHR-JFK on VS

Grace Jones and her husband - JFK-LHR on VS

uswyjer

Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:41 am

Hate to be picky but... Jesse James is on "Monster Garage" based out of West Coast Choppers in CA. The famous Jr and Sr Paul Teutals are on "American Chopper" out of Orange County Choppers in NY; I'm a huge fan of both shows Smile Closest to a celebrity was on my last flight, CLT-BDL on Dec 16, a US Chairman's Preferred sure thought he was a celebrity while trying to shmooze his way into an upgrade even when first was already full!

TupolevTu154

Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:23 pm

Gatwick-Nairobi

Keith from vets in practice (TV show about vetenary clinics around the country) was stood behind me in the boarding queue, I was about 7 at the time :-P. I met him at Nairobi, and got his autograph!
I believe he went out there to do something with cats??  Confused

My dad is a Dispatcher at LGW and he met Cliff Richard yesterday!  Nuts

Cheers

Tom

DABZF

Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:12 pm

Finnish President Tarja Halonen was on a same AY HEL-KTT (or RVN - can't remember anymore) flight few years back.

Former F1 World Champion Mika Häkkinen was on a same AY LHR-HEL flight in early 90's - when he was starting up with Lotus! Must've been -92 or something!?

Don't know if LH boss Wolfgang Mayrhuber counts as a celeb but he was on a same LH726/25Sep04 MUC-PVG. Nice guy, by the way  Big grin There was also bunch of other high LH managers on that flight.

Big thumbs up
I like driving backwards in the fog cause it doesn't remind me of anything - Chris Cornell

AEROFAN

Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:46 pm

Oh I forgot- Chris Rock - USAIR LGA to Philly

cessnapilot172

Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:58 pm

I was waiting for my flight back to ORD while in LAX -Terminal 4 - a few years ago, as we were killing time, a friend and I realized O.J. Simpson was in the Sunglasses Hut across from the gate. We went over the try and meet him, he turned out to be friendly; even let me take a picture of him with my friend (a blonde haired young lady) Her mother was none to thrilled to see the photos - esp. in light of his whole ordeal a couple years prior, but made for an interesting trip.

bluejackets

Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:28 am

In 2002, The Big Show (wrestler) was on my flight. It was US Airways from TPA-CLT (757). He also ate at Chili's before the flight and we were eating there too!
It's funny when I tell people I love planes and they think I'm weird.

RCS763AV

Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:01 am

Juanr, Im talking about the prime-minister (Ministro del Interior) Sabas Pretelt.

JUANR

Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:42 am

RCS763av: Once again, there is no Prime Minister in this Country; as you should known such position does not exist in our Country; Mr. Pretelt is the Head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Justice (what was called in the past the Ministry of Government) So His position is Internal Affairs and Justice Minister.

Back on the topic, how was he? How did he behave? He is on the alumni of my school and at the meetings (when he attended) we was amazingly arrogant so everybody wanted to avoid him (except for the lagartos, jajajaja)

Juan
SKBO
Bogotá: 2600 Metros Más Cerca De Las Estrellas; Vamos por los XVII Juegos Nacionales!!!!!!!!!

AZjetgeek

Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:39 am

Back in the early 90's, I think, I was awaiting a flight from ELP-PHX on Southwest. Don Shula, coach of the Miami Dolphins, was also in the group of passengers waiting to fly out. However, I did not actually see him board the a/c.

In 1996, my now ex-wife and my oldest son and I were boarding an L1011 SAN-LAX-PHX on UA when I saw former Michigan and Ariz State basketball coach Bill Frieder sitting in the front row of first class. I said hello to Coach Frieder. He responded.
Long live the RJ!

aeroweanie

Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:02 am

Many years ago, walking through the Hartford airport, I passed an elderly lady in a full US Navy admiral's uniform. After we were checked in for our flight I went back and found her. Sure enough, it was Admiral Grace Hooper, the author of both the COBOL and FORTRAN computer languages. At the time, she was the second oldest active duty officer in the Navy - only Rickover (founder of the Navy nuclear program) was older. I had a pleasant talk with her. My main memory was that she was smoking unfiltered Camels.

RCS763AV

Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:18 am

That ministry could also be called the prime minitstry, as it handles the government´s affairs, but well, the precise name is indeed The Ministry of Internal Affairs and Justice.

Mr. Pretelt is a nice guy, he´s a friend of my dad and i have met him, didnt seem arrogant.

speedbudgie

Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:27 pm

I have flown on VS with Sir Richard on board, I have a photo of me and Bill Clinton at LHR Terminal 4 while he was getting ready to board a BA flight.

Probably the coolest was Bruce Oldfield (fashion designer) and several models who performed a fashion show in the air during a BA LHR-EWR flight a few years back. The models changed in the back walked up one aisle and back down the other. BA even had printed advertising for the event that was handed out to each passenger.

macc

Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:08 am

sure none of you knows about Hermes Phettberg! on LH VIE-FRA. I was on my way to DEL, while he moved on to CGN for an appearance in the Late night show of Harald Schmidt. Had some talk with him when leaving the aircraft...
I exchanged political frustration with sexual boredom. better spoil a girl than the world

AFC_Ajax00

Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:10 pm

Last summer, KLM AMS-JFK; Edgar Davids was in WBC as were me and my mom. Couple weeks ago, BA LHR-CDG, Alec Baldwin was in Club Europe. About a year ago I think; US LGA-DCA, Chuck Schumer, the senator from NY was sitting across the aisle from me. There must be a couple more but these are the only ones I can think of at the moment.
Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward; for there you long to return

swabna

Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:38 pm

I had Peter Jennings from ABC news on my flight from BNA-LGA(AA757) back in 1993.

STLUAL747

Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:13 pm

I personally have never seen a celeb on a flight I have been on, but my aunt works on the ramp at STL for United and she has had numerous celebs fly out while she was working. The most famous would have to be former President George H. W. Bush. This was after he was president. She has also seen athletes, movie stars, politicians, and many other types of celebs. When any sports team comes in from Chicago they usually charter UA and she has worked those flights.

Josh
Lonely in Deserted St. Louis.

da man

Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:05 pm

My dad has sat next to various professional sports players over the years on WN while on business trips.

da man
War Eagle!

skidmarks

Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:15 pm

We had Peter Mandelson on our flight from Amsterdam to Gatwick. More notorious than celebrety, but hey!

Also for you older Brits out there, we regularly get Norman Wisdom and Rick Wakeman flying from the Isle of Man. Although I have never been on a flight with Norman, we did see him in B&Q one day!
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

Leskova

Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:42 pm

Aside from Bavaria's Interior Minister, Günther Beckstein, on a flight from HAJ to MUC, I've had the dubious pleasure of spending about 10 hours on an Air Zimbabwe B767-200ER together with Zimbabwe's President/Dictator Robert Mugabe...

Instead of hijacking a plane, his usual procedure, he actually settled for a flight together with "ordinary people"... might have had to do with the fact that this was UM's first flight to Europe directly after that year's tourism fair in Harare: had he done what he usually does, he'd have p!ssed off about 50-100 people working in Europe's tourism industry, selling Zimbabwe... still, to this day, I'm amazed that he probably let that fact sway him from his usual behaviour.
Smile - it confuses people!

AlitaliaMD11

Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:44 pm

Here are some celebs I have had on my flights.

Spike Lee on EWR-SJU, Richard Branson on LHR-JFK, The Rock EWR-LAX, Olga Tanon a puertorican singer on SJU-JFK, and Jonathan Demi JFK-CDG (he is a close family friend)
No Vueling No Party

A340600

Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:48 am

My Dad often has to meet Michael O Learie and pretend that FR is wonderful Laugh out loud

Sam
Despite the name I am a Boeing man through and through!

BCAL

Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:01 am

I cannot remember the year or month but I was on a Laker (Skytrain Laker) charter flight from LGW to Palma. Push back could not commence as there was a woman who was obviously petrified of flying and she became hysterical when the cabin crew tried to close the doors. The captain or first officer was summoned and could not persuade the woman to calm down. Whilst the crew debated what to do, Sir Freddie Laker appeared wanting to know what was delaying the aircraft's departure. The crew explained the situation and Sir Freddie decided that he would accompany the woman on the flight. Somehow he reassured her and we took off without any further incident. During the flight Sir Freddie spoke to other passengers and I asked him how he persuaded the hysterical woman to calm down. I cannot recall his exact words but his reply was something along the lines "Well I asked her to at least try flying if I accompanied her on my own aircraft and airline! That did the trick"

MOL on SRB's latest attack at BA: "It's like a little Chihuahua barking at a dying Labrador. Nobody cares."

AlitaliaMD11

Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:19 am

oh if this counts:

When I flew JFK-MAD on Iberia in August I was walking my dog outside of terminal 8 before we sent him to the baggage area Sandra Bulock and Jesse James where talking outside where I was walking my dog. They asked If i needed some water to give him and I said yes thank you, and I talked to them for five minutes about dogs, they where really nice to me  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

but they where not on my flight.
No Vueling No Party

fbgdavidson

Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:55 am

Reese Witherspoon - Concorde to New York in September 02. Managed the briefest of brief chats during boarding

Joan Collins - BA LHR-JFK. Upstairs in Club World about four years ago. My brother who I was flying with had no idea who she was. And also seen while I was shopping in the Duty Free outside the BA Lounge Pavilion at T4 LHR

Anne Robinson - BA F LHR-LAX in Spring 2001. Got kicked out of 2A at the gate because she wanted it

Kate Winslet - breezing into T4 F checkin at LHR three years back

Joanna Lumley - my brother saw her flying back in BA F from Nairobi-LHR

Junior Marvin (of Bob Marley and the Wailers fame) - sat next to my Dad a few years back on FRA-LHR in BA CE

Lowest of low: Toby Anstis - Younger British folk may remember this kids TV presenter. I was in 1A on BCN-LHR a couple of months back when he schlepped back to ET
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

pualani

Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:41 am

Where to begin .....
HNL-OGG Jim Belushi
HNL-LAX Christina Applegate @ Jonathan Schaech
OGG-SAN John Mccain
HNL-LAX Cuba Gooding Jr
HNL-LAX Antonio Sabato JR
LAX-HNL The Olsen Twins
LAX-HNL Montel Williams
HNL-LAX Craig Ferguson
LAX-HNL Dr Jerry Buss

I know there are more but i think i may have fogotten alot in the last 19 yrs

pualani

USairways16BWI

Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:09 am

i dont know if it was really him, but i saw what i swore was kevin bacon on a flight ATL-FLL last year. but my aunt said she saw sisqo on a WN flight from BWI-LAS a while ago...i can believe it since he is really from baltimore

SlamClick

Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:03 am

Too many to recall. I've done a couple of studio charters. On one to Las Vegas we were met by 54 limos, if that gives you any idea of who was on board. (Jerry Zucker saw the limos and said: "Who died?")

Deadheaded home once and sat in row 1, across from Chuck Berry and a really spectacular blonde. I so bad wanted to say to her: "And you must be Maybelline!" but I was in uniform and if she was offended, I would have been fired.
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

aa777223er

Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:31 pm

Oh where to begin! I used to fly domestic out of LA, needless to say, there have been a lot (forgive me if I misspell any names):

Sarah Jessica Parker
Halle Berry
Benjamin Bratt
Caroline Rhea
Carol Kane
(note: the above were all on the same flight)
James Carville (political adviser to Clinton)
Ashley Judd
Loretta Swit (from MASH)
David Lee Roth (Van Halen)
Carrie Fisher
Cindy Crawford
Hal Linden (Barney Miller)
John James (Dynasty)
Lil' Kim
Laura Innis (ER)
Anthony Edwards (ER)
Mark Harmon
Geena Davis
Haley Joel Osmett
Mary Wilson (The Supremes)
Chad Lowe
Robert Hays (Airplane)
Ed Harris
Alan Thicke
Laura Dern
Sarah Ferguson (The Dutchess of York)
Paris and Nikki Hilton
Sir Roger Moore
Carlos Ponce (Latin American singer and soap star)

That's all I can think of at the moment  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Regards,

AA777223ER
time flies, seize the day

monorail

Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:51 pm

It didn't happen to me, but a good friend of mine was on a revenue CO flight with the WNBA Cleveland Rockers team during the season a few years ago.
Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs!

macc

Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:35 am

had VIE - TXL yesterday with Alfred Gusenbauer beside me. to all who dont know: he is the leader of social democratic party of austria. hopefully this party takes over agian after next election. and yes, this guy in reality is really ugly and has the aura of a soviet apparatschik. and no humor too. he was sitting in economy. i suspect because he wanted to show "ordinary". and to oppose our finance minister, who went to maledives with his girl on eco, but with a free upgrade from OS to biz. as finance minister, he also belongs to the owner...

well, thats all opera. from lovely austria. you know, country of music...

Big grin
I exchanged political frustration with sexual boredom. better spoil a girl than the world

hawk44

Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:13 pm

Several years ago pre 9/11 when you could go down to the gate and wait with family before they left. We were dropping off my grandma when at the gate counter Chevy Chase started yelling and making a scene about how he didn't have a first class seat. The gate agent told him he had booked a coach seat and wouldn't be upgraded and the flight was full.

The flight ended up leaving with my grandma but no Chevy Chase and the gate agent replying "booking a coach ticket then trying to say the airline made a mistake is not going to work any more Mr. Chase" needless to say he was not happy.
Never under estimate the power of US

Businessboy

Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:41 pm

LAX-LHR with Virgin Atlantic in J class, Mrs. Sharon Osbourne.
She sat way infron tof me, first row, though i was in the first row of Economy+! She looked very nice, though suddenly she looked grumpy. I think its a , put on a smile when talking to someone, then let go....

BB
LOVE CONTINENTAL AIRLINES & LOVE BRITISH AIRWAYS

spirtofalaska

Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:14 pm

About 3 Years ago, We got bumped on our flight home, back from Las Vegas, While my dad waited in line to fill out paperwork, I went downstairs and started standing in line for a rental car. I turned around and Jaime Fox is walking right behind me. No one was following him, and he had no security, It was pretty cool...But To top it off, the following morning, on our NEW flight home, Charles Barkley Was in first class on our Alaska Airlines Flight To Seattle!

Other than that, I've had Local News on air personality's on my flight. One was a News Anchor from Boise Idaho, And one was an anchor for local news here in Fairbanks, Curtis Thomas, but that was...Jeeze..10 yrs ago. That's about it though.
you fo'Coffee?

flyabunch

Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:10 am

Hard to remember the exact years and some of these definitely show they go aways back.

Ceasar Chavez JFK-LAX - two bodyguards!
Jack Lemmon JFK-LAX - practiced his routine during a delay at JFK
George Foreman IAH-LAX - delightful and friendly with everyone
Sam Elliot LAX-IAH-TPA - ditto
C. Everett Coop IAD-LAX

There are a few others, but I cannot think of them right now.

Mike