Air Canada Transatlantic

Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:56 pm

I just booked a cheap economy flight with AC to Toronto for March.
Just wanting to know if they are any good? Do they have PTV's?
I am flying on a 763 on the outbound and a 333 on the inbound.

Whats your experience with AC?

RE: Air Canada Transatlantic

Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:02 am

Flew AC last about 8 years ago.....767, FRA-YYZ both ways.

No PTV's at that time.....not sure about now.

Nothing stands out, nothing special.

...Oh, did fly AC A320 about 4 years ago to MIA. Bag of peanuts. Yippeee.

Andreas  Big thumbs up
I am so smart, i am so smart... S-M-R-T... i mean S-M-A-R-T

Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:58 pm

AC is certainly a world class airline in terms of safety, and you will be provided with a *modest* level of service, no more, no less.

It completely depends on the luck of the draw with the crew you receive. I've had AC crews who were extremely friendly and provided an excellent level of service. I've also experienced rude AC flight attendants that definitely rubbed me (and fellow passengers) the wrong way.

In terms of safety, I definitely place AC right up there with any other reputable international airline (BA, QF, SQ, CX, NZ, etc.), but not in terms of service.

Don't expect any PTV's in the 763 or 333, at least, there were none installed when I flew on each of those respective types late last year.

DO expect a safe flight with a decent seat pitch, an okay meal, and some mediocre IFE. All the best, and enjoy YYZ - it's a great city!  Smile

Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:07 am

AC848 about summed it up. You'll have a safe flight with decent seat pitch. There are no PTVs (still).

I flew YYZ-LHR-YYZ in October and it wasn't too bad, especially for free! Big grin

Cheers - Skytrain.

Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:48 pm

Don't expect much! No PTVs, bring a book. Boarding can be rather chaotic at YYZ, and service is mediocre. All in all, you get what you pay for.
"The low fares airline."