Topic Author

Can Low-Cost Carriers Be Capable Of Longhaul?

Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:48 pm

Can they? I mean, I have heard of european carriers such as TCX and MyTravel,etc., but i've developed this crazy sounding theory that certain carriers in the US, and canada, if they've got a budget just right, could be able to fly transoceanic routes. Let's just say if jetblue were to lease some larger planes, and start a small, seasonal route network between JFK and select destinations in Europe, or if America West were to do the same and start trans-pacific routes to the polynesians, or Asia. But with the ongoing stuff like the whole airline revenue/debt payoff/worker strike type things that have been really hurting the US airline industry alot lately, I simply just believe that the idea wouldn't be able to work in the first place, well..., not here, of course. Sad

RE: Can Low-Cost Carriers Be Capable Of Longhaul?

Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:11 pm

People's Express? Laker Skytrain? For those with longish memories

Whether an existing LCC would be willing/able to start longhaul services is another matter. I doubt it. Will we see Stellios on EZY0001 from LTN to JFK??
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

RE: Can Low-Cost Carriers Be Capable Of Longhaul?

Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:22 am

Texas: You'll come for the Alamo, You'll stay because you were wrongfully executed. - Conan O'Brian State Quarters