Spike
Topic Author

The Most Annoying Things About Flying

Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:39 pm

Here are a few things that make flying unpleasent:

Being told to shut the window blind whilst passing over a stunning view of Siberia...

Being told that two glasses of red wine with dinner is excessive (Christ, I have a whole bottle at home)

Passengers that spend an entire flight playing on the PTV video games.

Not being able to find a decent complimentary news magazine on-board due to cost cutting.

Ditto with biscuits.

People's carry on luggage - why not check it in?

People who spend in excess of 20 minutes in the WC. What the hell are they doing in there?

Pilots that 'forget' to turn the fasten seat belt sign off for the entire flight.

NG 737s - old planes just with larger engines than the 40 year old original.

Waiting until the last Business class passenger is through immigration before having the curtain moved for Economy pax to disembark.

Window seat passengers that promptly pull the blind down and fall asleep upon boarding. Why ask for a freaking window seat?

Any others?

Boeing7E7

RE: The Most Annoying Things About Flying

Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:40 pm

Farting Passengers anyone....

Airlinerfreak

Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:42 pm

Too some it all up dealing with all the hassels of traveling

hjulicher

Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:46 pm

Having the passenger in front of you recline their seat in jerky fashion so that your beverage and meal splatter on to you.
LH 442

Spike
Topic Author

Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:05 pm

Having to look at the back of someone's head for 12 hours when they have cronic dandruff.

lightsaber
Crew

Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:16 pm

When the drink cart blocks access to the WC...
"They did not know it was impossible, so they did it!" - Mark Twain

777ER
Crew

Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:20 pm

People who spend in excess of 20 minutes in the WC. What the hell are they doing in there? Most likly don't want to know Spike.
Head Forum Moderator
moderators@airliners.net for all Moderator contact

TriStar500

Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:21 pm

Delays and lack of information during irregularities.
Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

PhilSquares

Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:30 pm

The most annoying thing about flying is having to put up with the stupid things passengers do......
Fly fast, live slow

mikedlayer

Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:30 pm

Annoying passengers that think it is completly unsafe to use your camera on board, mainly businessmen playing on their laptops, which do not shut up until you 'put it away'.

ANCFlyer

Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:36 pm

Y pac in the F lav!  Big thumbs up

FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

bjg231

Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:15 pm

Other passengers in general.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

macc

Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:41 pm

that no pilot would ask you to help out in the cockpit  Big thumbs up
I exchanged political frustration with sexual boredom. better spoil a girl than the world

aerorobnz

Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:01 pm

FAs that are anal about keeping the window shades down is my other peeve. Well anyone that expects me to keep it closed when there is daylight outside. I can cope when it is late at night....just.
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

simo82

Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:59 pm

When on morning flight at 6 am they serve breakfast and you ask for water and their answer is: "sorry we have only have orange juice, apple juice and coke!!"

When you look at your meal box and notice that it's expired..

NZ747

Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:20 pm

-When you open your yogurt and the pressure makes it go all over you.

-When you're quickly filling in your Arrival card on the tray table, because you were too busy watching the movie, and didn't have a pen on you at the time, then the F/A comes along and tells you to put your table up, so you end up trying to write it against the window. Then when you get to customs, they give you funny looks because of the messy and rushed writing.

-When you have to sit next to 'the fat guy'.

-When you find out that you got the same meal as economy class.

-When you have to sit near David Hasslehoff

-And #1: Not being able to visit the flight deck anymore.

HAWK21M

Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:49 pm

Window seat passengers that promptly pull the blind down and fall asleep upon boarding. Why ask for a freaking window seat?

Makes Sense.
Thats why Mx is more Fun  Big thumbs up
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

PA101

Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:06 pm

Here are a few things that make flying unpleasent:

Being told to shut the window blind whilst passing over a stunning view of Siberia...

OH YEAH! I hate that!

Being told that two glasses of red wine with dinner is excessive (Christ, I have a whole bottle at home)

LOL - Must be on an American carrier, I suppose...

Passengers that spend an entire flight playing on the PTV video games.

Never had videogames on a PTV yet. Is it such bad?

Not being able to find a decent complimentary news magazine on-board due to cost cutting.

Oh yeah - I'll always bring my own.

Ditto with biscuits.

People's carry on luggage - why not check it in?

Maybe it got lost too often???

People who spend in excess of 20 minutes in the WC. What the hell are they doing in there?

I dont' know - but maybe they just want some privacy on a 12-hour-flight?

Pilots that 'forget' to turn the fasten seat belt sign off for the entire flight.

Yeah - those a******

NG 737s - old planes just with larger engines than the 40 year old original.

No, I really like them.

Waiting until the last Business class passenger is through immigration before having the curtain moved for Economy pax to disembark.

Oh yeah!

Just my thought!

Any others?

What about:

having no PTVs in Y and seeing the airshow-map just after takeoff - the rest of the flight they are showing stupid shows instead of any flight information. If you ask the purser for the airshow, you get told that people want to see shows...

having an old granny on the aisle seat that doesn't want to move at all during 11,5 hours from AMS to LAX. Happened to me before, geez, I went to the lav just once and didn't dare to ask her again. My butt never hurt that bad before...

deplaning a full 747 on just one jetway - happens in America all the time.

having no PTVs in Y, actually watching the movie, and then waiting with half the cabin for the lavs right after the movie.

not being able to smoke anymore! (geez, I would do quite a lot for a smoking lounge on a real long longhaul flight...).

TGV

Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:11 pm

The passenger behind you endlessly taping on the touch screen of his PTV, therefore sending permanent little shocks in your back.

Makes me think of the water drop torture.

Is this thread limited to on-board problems ? Because there are some annoying things in the airports also, to say the least...
Avoid 777 with 3-4-3 config in Y ! They are real sardine cans

RICARDOAB

Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:21 pm

Screaming kids on charter airlines.

Can they not be tranquilsed (excuse spelljng) or put in the cargo hold?

Being told at DXB that your flight is boarding, and when you get through to the departure lounge you find that there is another hour and a half until boarding.

Being informed by flight crew that we will be hitting some MILD turbulence and then feeling like the plane is falling out of the sky!! How is that mild?

Other than that, I love flying!!

FlyGuyClt

Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:26 pm

Passengers who ignore your best effort at making a great first impression at the boarding door. HELLO and welcome On Board ! How are you today ? And you get ignored. Oh well I tried.

Passengers with children who expect you to watch them. Hmm? 298 passengers and 9 flight attendants. Which babysitter would you like? However, if you need a 10 minute WC break. Sure I'll watch the rascal. Just not all 9 hours of the flight.

Passengers who will not shut off their cell phones and other electronic devices before departure. Not my rule, but I can make sure you know who's rule it is.

People who still think it is the 70's. Sorry no shrimp cocktail in coach anymore. But what ever service I have to give, I'll do my best.

Passengers who fight with one another and then wonder why they are arrested.

Passengers who really do drink to much and start to cause trouble on board.

Passengers who get angry about weather delays. Really ,if you can think of a cure for bad weather. I'll be happy to bust my arsh getting it done right for you.

Passengers who try to pay for a $5 drink with a $100. Really we are on to that one. I love their face when I get change. Opps you had to pay for it this time ! HA !

Passengers from another airline who cancelled their flight. Sorry we are ontime today and I can only take accountability for the company that employees me. Another bag of pretzels,pillow,banket? How about the full can?

Passengers who try to get free upgrades. Really check with the agent. Miles and money will always work.

Passengers who take any seat they want to and then yell at the person with the boarding card for the seat when they show up.

Passengers who try to hand you a dirty diaper when you are serving a meal. Hmm. Let's see. Chicken, vegetarian or Diaper? Think Health Folks ! Place it in the bag in the seat pocket. I'll be more than happy to get it later, when I am not serving other customers food and drink.

Parents who just let their kids run all over the airplane and disturb almost everyone in their path. What happened to respect? ( Saw a business passengers loose it one day with 2 brats. They were yelling all night going to Europe. (Yes we politely asked the parents to calm them. ) He was trying to sleep as well as the other 30 passengers in Business Class. The kids went to sleep during breakfast. He got up and woke them up. Priceless ! )

Safe Flying  Smile with a little humor !

[Edited 2005-02-02 13:31:41]

[Edited 2005-02-02 13:32:29]
Florida Express, Braniff II and ......

sky0000547

Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:29 pm

Passengers queuing right next to your seat for the lavatories.

The cabin crew do not have your 1st choice of meals.

The person sitting next to you barely touched their meals and you want to eat theirs as well Big grin

Happy Flying  Smile

PA101

Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:35 pm

Passengers who try to pay for a $5 drink with a $100. Really we are on to that one. I love their face when I get change. Opps you had to pay for it this time ! HA !

Yeah - I always love that - especially when the FA comes back with a whole bunch oh 1s...  Smile

The person sitting next to you barely touched their meals and you want to eat theirs as well

Oh, you are so right. I always keep looking at those meals. Actually, once or twice I didn't even care and asked for it, 'cause I was still that hungry...

estick

Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:49 pm

Well....I agree with almost every one I read before but would like to add something......
Night Take Off or Landing...Window Seat....Cabin lights dimmed.....and of course the pax seating next to you is the only one in the whole cabin with the reading light on, which, of course, gives you a nasty reflection of his body in the window while you can't see ANYTHING of what's going on outside!!! AARRGGHH COME ON !! YOU'LL HAVE 12 HOURS TO READ THAT NEWSPAPER!!!

My two cents here!!

Regards to all!!

Estick

PA101

Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:52 pm

Night Take Off or Landing...Window Seat....Cabin lights dimmed.....and of course the pax seating next to you is the only one in the whole cabin with the reading light on, which, of course, gives you a nasty reflection of his body in the window while you can't see ANYTHING of what's going on outside!!! AARRGGHH COME ON !! YOU'LL HAVE 12 HOURS TO READ THAT NEWSPAPER!!!

Very good point! I hate those suckers!!!

blue22

Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:02 pm

The amount of security checks...from The moment you check-in to the time boarding finish.I understand we have to but man...sometimes It is just too much and makes the whole flying thing a nightmare!

chrisrad

Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:22 pm

The hours and hours wasted at airports for international flights, 3 hours check in, then connections etc. etc. I find all the waiting around makes me more tired than the flights itself
Welcome aboard Malaysia Airlines! Winner of Best Cabin Staff 2001,2002,2003,2004,2007,2009,2012

clipperno1

Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:28 pm

The elderly (40+ Big grin ) passenger behind you, gets up in the middle of the freakin' night to go to the toilet and holds onto the back of your seat, to climb out of seat. Of course he needs several tries to emerge from the seat and so rocks your seat violently back and forth...just 5min. after you finally managed to get some sleep  Pissed . Of course only in Y !
"I really don't know one plane from the other. To me they are just marginal costs with wings."� Alfred Kahn, 1977

kilavoud

Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:59 pm

It is to fly without having the impression to really fly.

Cheers. Kilavoud.

fbgdavidson

Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:49 pm

1. People who take literally weeks to check in (I am always done in 1 minute)
2. People who leap to their seat after seatbelt sign is switched off even though they cant go anywhere for 10 minutes
3. Captains who think their funny
4. Heathrow airport (just the 27 planes in front of us before takeoff!)
5. People who take over 2 pieces of hand luggage (check-it you muppetts)
6. The wellbeing video
7. People who recline their seat on shorthaul
8. Stem Ginger biscuits (I over did it in the lounge once)
9. Lounge staff that chat or tap keys for a gratuitous X seconds before even acknowledging your presence
10. Gate staff that DONT police the J/F boarding line (on a recent flight the line for J/F was snaked half way around the gate... I just went ot the head of the line and said 'are all these people travelling F/J?'... as I went straight down I overhead an arguemnt with the next person "This is the J/F line" "but you haven't annouced it properly... blah balh")
11. 2 out of 7 'security' machines open at the busiest time of day
12. Fastrack security that takes longer than Plebtrack
13. People that can’t count and stop at every second row to see if they have reached 99Z yet
14. People who walk down the aisle with a large rucksack hanging of one shoulder bang every seat and person in it without noticing it.
15. People that put their bags under their seat so that the person behind has no leg room. (Sorry to the lady in front of me from Billund on Thursday, I guess your kid has new flat lego to play with)
16. Crisp packets! In the lounge and on the plane. I hate the noise of people eating one at a time for a bout half an hour
17. People that don’t know where they are going and just stop at the end of every moving walk way, escalator to look around.
18. Knobs who think that it is just find and dandy to read write text messages walking up the bridge form the ac whilst walking at 1mph in the middle oblivious to those stuck behind them.
19. They YEH I HAVE JUST LANDED AT LHR, YEH I HAVE BEEN AWAY crowd how shout this down the phone as soon as they land.
20. People who shout at their phone in the lounges.
21. Parents with 4 6’4” 16 year olds who pre board.
22. People with so much hand luggage or hand luggage that is so heavy the expect others to help them with it. If you can’t carry it then check it in please.
23. People who sit in your assigned seat and then say well it doesn’t matter just take mine back 6 rows…..
24. Cabin crew who think the first 2 lockers are for them.
25. Mr 99Z who puts his bags above 1A and wonders to the back of the plane.
26. Idiots who put their passports away in the inside pocket of their wallet and then put it in the secret inside pocket of their bag and look all surprised when asked for it at the gate.
27. Idiots who like to remove the actual ticket from the boarding pass and have to rummage around for it before they are allowed on.
28. "Do you mind filling out this form survey please, Mr Davidson?"
29. "Sorry, we don't have any more of those left, only 3 were loaded on. How about the beef instead?"
30. "Sorry Ladies & Gentleman, it appears that our stand is being used. We are going to have to use a remote stand and get a bus to the terminal."
31. "Sorry Ladies & Gentleman, there is still an aircraft on our stand, if you could remain seated with your seatbelts fastened we shouldn't have to wait too long." 10 minutes later. "Shouldn't be too much longer."
32. FCO is a particular horror. No concept of putting everything in a bag or a coat and putting that through. So you rapidly run out of time for the flight only to get through security to remember that the BA pier is still a train ride away.
33. Staff at the entrance to the F checkin queue who assume you can't possible be in F
34. Parents with children in WT/WT+ who let them run up and down the Club aisles
35. People who use headphones as loudspeakers (how DEAF can they be??)
36. Americans that SHOUT
37. CSDs that dont switch the laptop power on until halfway through the flight
38. Invisible CSDs (seems to be more and more common lately...)
39. People who try and blag their way into lounges when they have no right
40. People who seem to drag everything out of their bag to find their well hidden BP and passport despite the fact the boarding announcement asks for people to have them ready
41. Flying in premium classes and stand around waiting while everyone elses luggage but yours appears
42. The remote stand factor. I swear one day after a couple too many Newcastles in the lounge my knee is going to get embedded in the steps on the way up to the aircraft
43. The endless circling somewhere near LHR on an early morning
44. The grand cell phone turn on and pointless phone calls
45. People who just fanny about in general. In particular I prefer not to dawdle from the plane to immigration, after all you can save yourself around 150 places if you hurry up. People just seem to idle about in the middle of the damn walkway or corridor
46. No newspapers / magazines on baord for a 2 hour + flight
47. Not having my jacket hung up
48. Cabin crew announcements in completely mangled French / German / Spanish
49. Fat people sitting next to me
50. People who want to talk to you just because you're sitting next to them
51. People who start knocking back the free piant stripper disguised as champagne just becuase they're in business
52. Grim airport lounges (why would I want to sit in a broomcupbard with no spare seats and hundreds of sweaty middle managers just to enjoy a free glass of tepid Highland Spring and yesterday's newspapers?
53. "Flight closing" showing on the monitors when they haven't even started boarding yet
54. People who don't realise that row 20 is just after row 19 and is followed by row 21
55. Getting bussed on arrival and ending up at the back of a huge queue for immigration
56. Middle seats
57. Middle seats
58. Middle seats - especially on BA Club Europe. I didn't pay a £300 premium to sit in a middle seat!
59. People who stand still on aiport travelators (usually with a roll-on piece of hand-luggage the width of a 747). I have to suppress the urge to inform them that there are no fluffy animals playing instruments or other entertainment while on the ride.
60. The fact that all the edible sandwiches are gone from the tray in the lounge when I get there (turkey with cranberry sauce, anyone?)
61. All day deli (a deli should be a place to buy cold meat, not a pathetic excuse for a meal)
62. Captains who fail to explain or apologise for a long wait on stand before departure (plus crew who retire to the galleys to gossip during said wait)
63. Check-in staff who refuse to allow you to go to the gate in spite of the fact that the flight hasn't closed
64. The birdsong in the loos in BA UK lounges (am I the only one who finds this a bit weird?)
65. GVA and ZRH from LHR T4????!!! Remote stands 70% of the time plus frequent lengthy waits, first to cross the active runway (if landing on 27R) and then to taxi on to stand behind a slow moving 747
66. Lack of a separate bus for premium pax and BAEC golds/silvers when remote stands are used (esp. on arrival)
67. Baggage handlers who play catch with premium tagged bags before unloading them last
68. Parents who fly F, stick the kids in J and the nanny in 42EF (this on a 747) and then expect said maids to cater for childrens/parents every whim throughout the flight....much to the annoyance of the passengers in 42 D & G and the cabin crew.....
69.The asshat who walks round the lounge with his boarding card sticking up out of his shirt pocket. The one with 1A clearly displayed.
70. Babies and small children in J/F
71. The announcement to look at the new BA uniform
72. Audio channels at wildly differing volumes - this is a QF speciality. You are listening to the 1 decent track you have finally found on one channel, turned up a little so you can hear it over the roar of the jets and the screaming children, when inevitably the crap next song (or mindless chatter of the DJ) comes on so you go channel surfing and have your eardrums implode because the next channel is at least twice as loud. (Then when you whip the headphones off in shock looking like you've just been stung by a bee, your seatmate will look at you in horror, like you have some sort of involuntary twitch or spasm...
73. Dumbos who block the aisle when they're trying to stuff their bag in the overhead bin.
74. Captains who tell us that we're gonna be on time when they know we're probably gonna land on 09L for Terminal 4 - and, worse, when they tell us that "we've landed ahead of schedule" when we're not anywhere near the gate yet.
75. People who take half an hour to check in (especially if they are in one of the few business queues) - I always manage to do it within 3 minutes...
76. Anywhere (check-in/lounge/supermarket/corner shop/sports centre) where people cannot acknowledge your presence quickly and pollitely, even if it will be a few minutes until they can actually help you...
77. Parents who stuff thir offspring with so many crisps and sweets and other junk, that they throw up during the night on a red-eye (right across the aisle from you)
78. Anybody from another class who comes through your cabin to use the toilets (because there is too much fo the queue to use theirs...).
79. When sitting in economy, anyone behind who has to LEVER themselves up by grabbing hold of and hanging off of the back of your seat. Or people who walk to the lavatory by grabbing hold (and releasing) each seat either side of the aisle as they go...
80. FAs who talk/gossip/laugh in the Business Class galleys in the middle of the night.
81. the "middle""middle" seat on a 2-5-2 configuration - arrrrggghhh!!!
82. US immigration when they mess it up and enter you details incorrectly and stamp your passports incorrectly, so you have to go through secondary immigration/screening for your next 5 or 6 trips to the US...
83. Your "priority tagged" luggage that comes out last.
84. "Charity" collectors who pounce on you when you first step out of the terminal door at LAX
85. Porters in Romania who confiscate your suitcases from the taxi when you arrive, take them 10ft to the terminal door and then require a handsome tip...
86. Being woken up by QF inbound to LHR around India at about 0030 UK time for breakfast because the Australians are hungry
87. People who do not take everything out of their pockets prior to getting to the x-ray machines and spend 5 minutes seaching each pocket to get it all out
88. Watching people spending ages getting their hand luggage into the overhead lockers and just oblivious to everyone behing them waiting to get into the plane
89. Adults who strole down the aisle with oversize bags banging into you whilst you're sat in an aisle seat
90. Rock-hard, refrigerated bread rolls on board. QF are you listening?
91. The overpriced, disgusting pap that passes for food at BAA airports.
92. The new trend to build airports about 50 miles away from the cities they serve.
93. The inevitability of an Adam Sandler film playing on every flight I board.
94. Discovering that you have the only 'window seat' on the aircraft that does not in fact have a window.
95. Incredible vanishing seat pre-assignments.
96. Headphones that will only work in one ear, unless you hold the plug into the socket just so...
97. People who tell me I should never fly BA because they are such a ripoff only to found out I paid less for Club Europe than they did for some ripoff Ryanair flight
98. O'Leary. Probably one of my biggest hate figures of all time.
99. The passenger at SFO who while waiting in his 300 person line for World Traveller decided to tell lean into the J line as I approached and tell me that I was in the wrong line and that was for business class passengers only....maybe it was the flipflops, shorts and sailing club T-shirt that got to him....Maybe a slightly disgruntled business traveller whose company didn't think him worthy enough to fly in J.
100. Students who think it is their right to fly in J and as such turn up wearing all kinds of crap like flipflops, shorts and sailing club T-shirt. They then snarl at the people not flying in the same cabin  Smile

Other than that I rather enjoy flying!
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

Lan_Fanatic

Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:44 am

1. Old ladies that need to push every seat back and forth on their way to the toilet in the rear.

2.Old ladies queuing for the toilet right next to your seat, and even SITTING IN YOUR ARMREST!

3.Crying babies and children

94. Discovering that you have the only 'window seat' on the aircraft that does not in fact have a window.

I had that "pleasure" on a AMS-GRU-EZE-SCL flight. *great*

clipperno1

Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:00 am

43. The endless circling somewhere near LHR on an early morning

Better than that: Numerous annoying PAs on a red-eye transatlantic to LHR, starting something like 5min after t/o, with the crew telling you how strong the jetstream was tonight and that we will land literally HOURS before the scheduled arrival. Then, when approaching the english coast: "Well there seems to be a lot of traffic at LHR and we've been oredered to join a queue." Result: After circling for 50 min. we land 15min. past schedeuling and it's time for the "good-morning dash" to T1. I don't fly to LHR that often, but 9.5 out of 10 times there's a queue..I know that, pilots who fly in and out of this madhouse day after day don't seem to know that.

Another thing: "Your flight will be boarded through gate 1a!" ...the pain, the pain!
"I really don't know one plane from the other. To me they are just marginal costs with wings."� Alfred Kahn, 1977

A350

Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:22 am

Being told to shut the window blind whilst passing over a stunning view

Having the passenger in front of you recline their seat in jerky fashion so that your beverage and meal splatter on to you.

Conclusion: Fly Ryanair next time  Big thumbs up

A350

P.S.: @ Spike: don't forget your lobster!
http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/1896236/6/

Edit: PS added

[Edited 2005-02-03 00:27:48]

flymia

Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:32 am

How about the people that Run off the plane and have to be first to get off. Unless you are going through imigration there is not reason for that. Even if you do have to do imigration we are all getting are bags at the same time!
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

AeroWesty

Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:00 pm

Other than that I rather enjoy flying!

I can tell FGB really does enjoy flying quite a bit because nowhere on his list was: "Not getting the full can when the beverage cart comes around."

Or is that such a common travel complaint today, it's sort of like being ex-directory?  Smile
International Homo of Mystery

September11

Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:15 pm

plane parking early at gate but gate agent not prepared (or not ready)
Airliners.net of the Future

Ozair

Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:55 pm

The passengers that pass your seat touching the headrest and consequently wake you after having only just nodded to sleep.

Being told on a gulf air flight that the Inflight entertainment system is broken, even though you were on the exact same plane the previous leg and it worked fine.

The PTV movie being shut off only 5 minutes before ending so you can start the descent.

fbgdavidson

Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:39 pm

I can tell FGB really does enjoy flying quite a bit because nowhere on his list was: "Not getting the full can when the beverage cart comes around."

Can? What's that? I never see it any other way apart from poured from bottle to champagne flute  Big grin.... Insane
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

Beckaru

Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:21 pm

1. Delays
2. Being stuck in Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport for 2 hrs when we were supposed to be their for 20 minutes. (I will NEVER fly America West again) (major vent still bugging me after a week, LOL)
3. Stupid long term parking booths that don't accept checks and you are a local and it's YOUR tax dollars they are running the place with
4. Rude passengers -- get this-- During our trip to pergatory (Phoenix) when we finally go to board (again), they let those who boarded in Orlando board first since we shouldn't have had to change planes in the first place. Anyway, this guy comes up to me "Excuse me?" He says and cuts ahead of me in line. About the time I'm trying to figure why he did that, his wife joined him. Had I not been exhausted, I'd have done the same thing to them  Smile
5. Huffy flight attendants (another beef with America West)
6. CRJ's with their short windows that you have to crane your neck to look through.

aeroweanie

Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:19 am

Altitude sickness - be glad that you don't suffer from it. It makes flying hell for me.

aerorobnz

Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:48 am

"People who take over 2 pieces of hand luggage"
I usually get hold of the additional cabin baggage stickers....provided people go through the correct way of gaining extra carry-on I don't mind....
I had 17kg of hand luggage in two bags, last time I flew longhaul in Y....
though that was light compared to the 56kg I had in the hold already.

Children onboard that insist on spilling the entire contents of their backpacks (toys/games/food/clothes) on the floor in front of them/ over the arm rests into your space.

Passengers that sit next to you and mope, instead of returning the greeting/acknowledgement if offered. If you're going to be on such close quarters with someone for 14 hours you may as well be pleasant.
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.