ANA
Topic Author

"Fly First" Business Class Only: London

Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:48 pm

Hello

I have not been on Airliners for a while, and have done a search, but can find no entry on Fly First, the proposed business-class only airline from LTN to EWR.

http://business.scotsman.com/transport.cfm?id=54662005

What are people's views on the proposal, given it is out of the UK and a new carrier (i.e. not quite the same as the LH/Privat Air operation)?

Also, would you fly Fly First when BA and VS have horizontal flat beds in bizz class, which, with 48 seats in an 319, Fly First will not?

Anders

avek00

RE: "Fly First" Business Class Only: Lon

Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:54 pm

I doubt that Fly First will ever fly at all - the company starts with a major competitive disadvantage by operating from out-of-the-way Luton, and the other NYC-LON operators have demonstrated time and again that they can aggressivley defend their C/F traffic turf through fare sales, FF promos, and even by enhancing the product when necessary.
Live life to the fullest.

zonky

Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:57 pm

Indeed- i would have thought Luton was simply ludicrious as a base for premium traffic.

fbgdavidson

Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:39 pm

So much competition on this route already but to fly out of Luton is really shooting yourself in the foot!
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

BA380

Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:19 am

yeah. these things only appear to work when they are from a sensible place to another - eg DUS-EWR and DUS-ORD. I can't imagine pegging it from central London to Luton to catch a flight to NYC in J class. Maybe I am being unfair because maybe you can get their quickly, but perception is key and a lot of people will simply not give it credibility as an option.
cabin crew: doors to automatic and cross-check...