When, I fly, I always wish that music would be played during take-off. I know a lot of people don't agree, but if music could/would be plate on the take-off run and during the climb out phase. What would be your favorite songs for this phase of the flight?
In my opinion take-off songs need to ROCK!! That's why my ten favorite songs would be (title + artist):
1. Born to be Wild - Steppenwolf
2. Don't stop me now - Queen
3. Learning to Fly - Tom Petty
4. Highway Star - Deep Purple
5. Born to Run - Bruce Sprigsteen
6. Walk of Life - Dire Straits
7. (I can get no) Satisfaction - Rolling Stones
8. Reunited - Greg Kihn Band
9. Two Tickets to Paradise - Eddie Money
10. Final Count Down - Europe
Now, it's your turn. I'm really looking forward to your favorite songs.
I remember years ago when I had an FM walkman with no tape, I was listening to it with the in-ear phones during taxi and just when the 727 spooled up for take off, the extended mix of "You Spin Me Round" by Dead or Alive started and the timing of this was so appropriate!! Of course when I got a cassette walkman, I would deliberately play this song for take off for many more flights.
Listening to the roar of the jets is enough entertainment for me, but, otherwise my choices would be:- Learn to Fly - Foo Fighters, (the video), I Believe I Can Fly - R Kelly/Seal or Steve Miller Band - Fly Like an Eagle.
Failing all the above anything by Wings, The Jets, The Birds,Jefferson Airplane etc.
Both optimists and pessimists contribute to the society. The optimist invents the aeroplane, the pessimist the parachute