baylorairbear

Getting To Paris

Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:59 am

Hola dudes. I am finally getting to see the Paris Air Show. I am also a novice traveler. I live in Waco, Texas, and am looking for an easy route to Paris. Also, I want to try out BA. It seems that they have one of the cheapest fares: DFW-LGW-DFW non-stop B777 for under $500. I'm really having trouble where to go once I get to London (if I go that route). All advice is greatly appreciated.  Smile

BaylorAirBear
I'm just skipping stones...

SLC1

RE: Getting To Paris

Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:13 am

EuroTrain would take you to Paris.
We're gonna do what we like to call a "jetBlue how do you do", which is slang for dumping a bunch of fuel in the ocean

fbgdavidson

Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:31 am

Since BA dropped the LGW-CDG service you could catch a coach to LHR opening up a myriad of options: bmi, BA, AF etc although you could take the Gatwick Express train to Victoria and from there take the Underground to Waterloo station. From here you can catch a train to Paris. The flight from LHR-CDG will cost about $110-$150
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

ozglobal

Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:31 am

Your cheapest option is likely to be a DFW-LHR-CDG R/T ticket, as often airlines discount when there is an involontary stop. e.g. BA J class CDG-MIA via LHR is much cheaper than AF CDG-MIA direct, even though BA J class is much better.

Regarding the EuroStar (train from London to Paris):you need to book at least a month in advance online to get a decent fare. Standard second class fares are 220 Euros one way!!!!!!!!!! If you book in advance this can come down to as low as 35 Euros R/T!!!
When all's said and done, there'll be more said than done.

baylorairbear

Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:04 pm

Thanks for the replies so far. I think I'm definitely flying BA DFW-LGW. What other carriers fly LGW-CDG? The train would be fun since I've never done that, but why waste a good opportunity to fly. Big grin
I'm just skipping stones...

aa777jr

Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:44 pm

Why are you so set on BA? AA #48 is n/s service to CDG from DFW. The EuroStar is a neat thing to do, but very costly.

Regards.
A liberal is a man who is right most of the time, but he's right too soon.

WunalaYann

Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:29 pm

Quoting BaylorAirBear (Reply 4):
but why waste a good opportunity to fly.

I would not call the opportunity to test one of the finest train systems in the world a wasted opportunity to fly... 190mph nearly all the way, plus you get to "feel" the speed, since the high-speed railtrack runs along the highway between Lille and Paris... You'll be able see the cars in slow-mo...

bigthumbsup