lehpron

What Are You, That Which Brought You Here?

Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:32 pm

Like are you a pilot, passenger, airline employee, manufacturing emplyee, photographer, student, enjoy flying, watching, military family, non-aviation related somehow, etc?

I want to know what you are and why you came here, how did you get into aviation?

Like I'm an engineering student been into planes since I was 5.

Et vous?

[Edited 2005-03-24 08:33:54]
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

aerorobnz

RE: What Are You, That Which Brought You Here?

Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:42 pm

Quoting Lehpron (Thread starter):
Like are you a pilot, passenger, airline employee, manufacturing emplyee, photographer, student, enjoy flying, watching, military family, non-aviation related somehow, etc?

I am a passenger, airline employee (provided my security check clears), photographer, rego collector, I enjoy flying and I also enjoy foreign countries....lol

I don't know why I got into aviation, neither of my parents were/are involved with it, except having a penchant for travel & foreign languages. When I was 3-4 I insisted on being taken out to the airport after playcentre, so I was going 3-5 times a week at that age. I said "Lufthansa" before I could say "Daddy" so I guess I was doomed to a life in aviation. As I was out at the airport I started to take photos at about 6 years of age with a point & shoot (I still have the pics) I wanted to be a Commercial pilot, and even started my first few lessons up until my Physics & Chemistry results at UE years put a stop to that, then decided that I would be better suited to a life working within the industry elsewhere. I completed a Travel & Tourism Diploma and got a start in the industry and starting to travel myself. now I look back on it and think my interest came from a very young age because of a very keen interest in the world around me, and Aviation was the key to seeing it all.

I think that sums it up.
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

AirWillie6475

Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:04 am

First of all I was very interested in mechanical stuff when I was a kid. I could name almost all of the car types around early elementary school years. First time I flew I was probably 7 or 8 and my parents say that I was laughing and looking out the window during the whole flight. My first plane was a turbo prop. On the same day when we transfered aircraft at the connection, the plane was a 747. My parents said that I just stood at the gate window and looked at the giant plane till it was time to board.

I would say I got involved with aviation due to the fact that I like mechanical stuff and I was introduced to planes at a very young age and I traveled a lot with airplanes.

Caspian27

Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:46 am

It's in my blood. My grandfather, father and uncle all have worked for the airlines almost my whole life and my dad also has a private pilot license. Call it following in your father's footsteps, but I've always loved airplanes, airports....basically anything to do with aviation.

I've tried being a musician & a corporate trainer but I always wanted to be a pilot, and now I am actually doing it.
Meanwhile, somewhere 35,000 ft above your head...

UAalltheway

Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:33 am

Well.. Currently I'm just a passenger and aviation enthusiast. However, I have aspirations of one day become a pilot for UA or some airline. I guess I have always been intrigued by not only the science part of aviation, but also everything surrounding aviation. Just the idea of getting pax from one place to another safely exites me! Going through airports and seeing planes and etc. just sort of puts a feeling in me I can't explain! It's like me and aviation were meant to be or something! =P

UA all the way!

zkeoj

Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:09 am

My dad took me out to CGN on Sunday mornings. At that time we saw the first LH 747s "sailing" into CGN. They had a great observation deck, which was closed later after some nasty terrorist attacks all over Germany. I always loved to travel, and I worked as travel agent and with package tour operators. So it was just normal that I was traveling, and most of those trips were by air. I just love aviation, and much later I started taking more detailed notes of my flights, and taking photos (although not many make it on a.net, haha). I had a teacher who had a PPL and when he talked about flying X-country in Germany, I was fascinated. Years later I had the opportunity to get my PPL in NZ, and that was a great time. So my interest gradually deepened. Today, when I talk about LCCs, alliances, and stuff, my students clearly see how passionate I am about it - and most really appreciate it, even if they are not as interested....

Question for you guys: How do your friends and family react? Do they thing you are hopeless nerds? Do they tolerate the hobby? Or do they even get into it as well? I must say most of my friends are really sweet, and they don;t mind at all that I want to be at the airport early to look around and take some pics...

Cheers
micha

HorizonGirl

Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:48 am

I am a passenger.
I have been interested in aviation for a long a I can remember.
One day I am going to be a pilot for Alaska Airlines.
Once, I was on a flight from YVR to YUL, and I asked my Mom
how many hours are left. She said two. I was so disappointed
that she didn't say four!
Flying high on the Wings of the Great Northwest!

EGHHwizard

Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:56 am

I have a love of aviation, obviously, plus I work in the airline business. I am a Flight Reservations Consultant at a local Tour Operator and book flights for clients with BA,VS,CX,EK,AA,AC,QF,NZ,SQ and IB. I have always loved the airport environment and regularly pay a visit to my two local airports, BOH and SOU.

Regards,

Richard P

[Edited 2005-03-31 23:57:49]
NO URLS in signature

flymia

Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:16 pm

I am a high school student being into planes since I was 11. What got me into aviation was Matchbox toy cars since I liked making airport sences with them (lame eh) and also my brother showed me this site with the pics. Then I got into the fourm. Also Flight Simulator got me really into flying and I hope to be a commercial pilot one day. Thats about it.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

LHB727230Adv

Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:52 pm

I'm a passenger, photographer, high school student and enjoy flying.
I've always been into flying as far as I can remember, I just like the thrill of being able to fly.

Quoting FlyMIA (Reply 8):
I hope to be a commercial pilot one day.

You're not alone, 2 years and I'll enter flight training!!  hyper 

Cheers,
Alex  bigthumbsup 

HAWK21M

Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:53 pm

An AME,working Around Aircraft 5 nights/week.Fullfilling my Childhood dream & getting paid for It.  Smile
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)