Birdwatching
Topic Author

Returning On The Same Plane: Experiences?

Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:45 pm

Have you ever gone someplace with the sole purpose of flying on that specific plane / route, into a small airport, where the plane only turns around to go fly back half an hour or so later?
I'm sure that they would not allow you to remain on the plane, since you would have to check-in. Checking in at your origin for both flights is not an option either, since origin and destination can not be the same, right?

(This is all assuming you have no luggage)

So is it possible, or in some cases impossible, to leave the plane, check-in again and make it in time on those 30-minute turn-arounds? Has anyone done it?
All the things you probably hate about travelling are warm reminders that I'm home

fbgdavidson

RE: Returning On The Same Plane: Experiences?

Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:27 pm

I've flown into Malaga from BCN only to return on the same aircraft a few hours later. I didn't need to check-in at Malaga as I was flying LHR-BCN-AGP-BCN-LHR on BA/IB and when I arrived at the BCN lounge from London I picked up boarding passes for both BCN-AGP and AGP-BCN. I didn't bother sitting on the aircraft as I preferred to go out and get some sun along with enjoying the ground hospitality although doubt you could stay onboard.

30min turn rounds are quite possible at many smaller European airports especially where the departures and arrivals areas are mixed.
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey