b727fan

You Opinion With Booking A Flight!

Sun May 08, 2005 11:35 pm

Hello all,
I am planning a trip to Dubai (possibly in July or August). I know EK flies out of JFK on their A-345 and I think MH does the non-stop out of EWR on their B777. I am curious to know if you have any suggestions on what airline to take and if so, flying economy, which seats you think would be the best to chose from. I think the flight time is +/- 12 hrs, and frankly I dont like long flights, but hey, its worth trying I guess!
If anyone has a suggestion with flights (especially the non-stops) or even any other carrier with stops from NYC area to DXB (or SHJ even), please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

DIJKKIJK

RE: You Opinion With Booking A Flight!

Sun May 08, 2005 11:41 pm

Stick to EK, they are the best!

If you still want to, try KLM, AF or LH via AMS, CDG and FRA respectively.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

MH017

Mon May 09, 2005 12:03 am

b727fan:

MH does NOT fly EWR-DXB anymore, but routes through ARN nowadays !

Basically, only EK flies non-stop on the NYC-DXB route; any other will ALWAYS require a stop, whether you like this or not: anyhow, you can stretch your legs for a while and if you're a spotter, you can have a look around. Guess, the most interesting airport for US spotters would be: LHR, CDG, AMS, ZRH or FRA

Enjoy your trip, and let's enjoy your trip-report later on  wink 
don't throw away tomorrow !

Airlinerfreak

Mon May 09, 2005 5:15 am

EK as they are rated the best airline in the world!!

crox1

Mon May 09, 2005 5:51 am

Hi,
You hate long legs, so, break it up. Aeroflot offers flights from JFK - SVO - DXB,
Cost of about GBP£550, just over $1000, other, more expensive choices are Turkish Airlines; flying via Istanbul, on an A340 then a 737. Another option is Kuwait Airways, using 777's; via LHR.

Plenty of choices; hope this helps

Andy
Both optimists and pessimists contribute to the society. The optimist invents the aeroplane, the pessimist the parachute