I really don't know if United will survive or not, and I don't think anyone here does. Sure, it is not looking good for them right now, but I think they can recover.
I am a frequent mileage runner, and initially tried to chose a good airline to accure these miles on. I eventually settled for United, with a little bit of skepticism. Looking back at it, I have absolutely NO regret. I have NEVER had a bad experience with them. This is not to say that they do not have their bad apples, but I simply have not come upon them. Here are a few things which I feel separate United from the others:
- EXCELLENT service on the ground and in the air. No matter which employee, they have ALWAYS been very friendly.
- EXCELLENT frequent flier program. I love the systemwide upgrades and regional upgrades.
- Channel 9. Nothing beats listening to ATC.
- Great fleet, including the 777 and the 747(not to mention no MD80's.
- Amazing route network with great coverage in interesting areas
- Great first class, especially with good food and features.
- Great alliance which really will get you where you want to go.
There are many more things which others can contest to, but these are my major points. I, for one, will book and fly on United until their planes are chained up and no longer flying.
Your thoughts about United?(If you have something bad to say, at least do it in a constructive manner)
Moderators: Please leave this thread in this forum. It is not a poll or a preference, and I think it is fair in a time like this, because of all of the current problems.