flymusic

Favorite City To Fly To?

Wed May 18, 2005 1:47 pm

For crews- Which city is your favorite to fly to? For what reasons? Love? Sightseeing? Or anything else that you enjoy about it.  bouncy 
You fall like autumn leaves who lack tranquility.

salso

Favorite City To Fly To?

Wed May 18, 2005 6:57 pm

For me, FRA.

I believe merely due to the fact that my family lives there, so IF (but only if) the layover there is long enough, I hire a car and drive off to my father's or some other relative's house. I always get served EXTREMELY well there.  cloudnine 

exFATboy

Favorite City To Fly To?

Wed May 18, 2005 11:34 pm

VIVA LAS VEGAS, BABY!

Why? It's just a fun place!

B742

Favorite City To Fly To?

Wed May 18, 2005 11:38 pm

1) Dubai - Great approach especialy at night, if you've landed at DXB (from the sea) you will know what im on about! Big grin

2) Bangkok - Great scenery and I love the Golf course in between the runways!

3) Heathrow - Approach over London is great, nice scenery and right over Twickenham!

Rob!

denplanenut

Favorite City To Fly To?

Thu May 19, 2005 12:03 am

1) DCA Washington National. Landing from the South. The plane usually makes a series of turns following the Potomac River to avoid DC's restricted airspace then it makes a right turn seconds before touch down to align itself with the runway. If you are seated in the left side you can see all of DC and it's famous landmarks, including the White House. On the right side you see the Pentagon.

2) TGU Tegucigalpa, Honduras. This airport is surrounded by montains and the runway is only 6,132 ft (1896m) long. It's always a thrill to land there.

http://www.airliners.net/articles/read.main?id=8&read_comments=true

Thrust

RE: Favorite City To Fly To?

Thu May 19, 2005 1:53 am

London....strictly for LHR. I have never been to an airport that housed so many 747s at one time. second to LHR, I would have to say ORD, coming in over downtown Chicago...at night-time Chicago is just beautiful to fly over. Third to LHR, JFK....there is nothing quite like the JFK evening rush...and a New York is a romantic view at night.
Fly one thing; Fly it well

Thrust

Thu May 19, 2005 1:56 am

Too bad Kai Tak International doesn't exist anymore, any person in his right mind would choose that airport as the top selection over the rest because of the famous "checkerboard" approaches. Nothing else compares quite to Kai Tak. I'm so disappointed it closed before I got a chance to visit it.
Fly one thing; Fly it well

jumppilot

Fri May 20, 2005 3:19 pm

LAX. Busy busy busy. I love all the big iron.
pull back to go up, pull way back to go down!

stlgph

Fri May 20, 2005 3:23 pm

Quoting Thrust (Reply 5):
coming in over downtown Chicago...at night-time Chicago is just beautiful to fly over

agreed.

and listening to channel 9 on UA while at United is neat. i have no idea how ground control can get the job done that they do. sitting at the gate during a big rush time and listening to it all the way out to hand off to departure control is more exciting than anything, if you ask me.

i still never tire of flying in headed west over STL at night when they have the arch lit up.

not to cheat and keep coming, but because it probably won't get mentioned, i will write about it...the fly in to omaha is neat to see all the errosion barriers they have built in iowa on the farmlands.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

fraspotter

Sun May 22, 2005 7:14 am

I'd have to say DFW. There is just something about that place that I just fall in love with....
"Drunk drivers run stop signs. Stoners wait for them to turn green."

Airlinerfreak

Sun May 22, 2005 8:11 am

MEX or LAX, though I cant explain it I love them both.

JOYA380B747

Sun May 22, 2005 3:25 pm

I've got to say its LHR - U get a Picturesque view of the Buckingham palace, the London Golf Course, and the London Zoo before landing. While landing (esp-on runway 27R-I'm not Sure) U can get a view of the thousands of cars at the Car Parking Area, beside the runway. And after landing......there's nothing else but- countless airlines,aircrafts - 747's mainly(different from other airports as it houses more 747's, more types of a/c's and airlines than anywhere else).......just LOVE the SIGHT !!
Cheers
JOY
If it wasn't for AI and those money mongers sitting in the parliament, 9W would have been as big as SQ...:(

jetpixx

Fri May 27, 2005 11:46 am

MSY - I know I am going to drink my face off and likely get some when I am there. It is a great city and the last place to act like a scumbag and get away with it. Vegas is too family-friendly now, like an amusement park.....

For sightseeing, nothing beats cranking around to EWR or LGA after catching glimpses of the amazing Manhattan skyline, getting that eerie feeling knowing the twin towers used to be there and becoming sad thinking of what a group of imbeciles did to our country, our favorite industry and to the world as a whole. (I figured I'd finish up serious after getting a little loose early....)