CV990
Topic Author

What´s Your Impression About Braathens!

Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:18 pm

Hi!

I´ll be flying with my wife next September from LIS to OSL with Braathens. I know well Braathens since many years ago, they used to stop by LIS on their way to Madeira and Canarias. They were also a regular visitor to FAO. Now that I´m trying for the first time them your feedback would be greatly appreciated. They are flying to LIS with their 737-700 but in the timetable it says 737-400, so maybe you can also clear me that out.
Regards
CV990, the Maserati of the skies!

JGPH1A

RE: What´s Your Impression About Braathens!

Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:54 pm

Braathens as such doesn't really exist any more - it's all SAS Braathens now.

The schedules for LIS-OSL say "737" - the seatmap shows only 23 rows and one overwing exit, so I think it's safe to assume its a 737-700. The 734 has 25 rows and 2 overwing exits.

I flew BU last year September NCE-OSL-BOO X TOS-LYR-TOS-TRD and they were uniformly excellent, nice crew, great service (although food for sale which sucked a bit).
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

rootsair

Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:05 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 1):
nice crew, great service (although food for sale which sucked a bit).

i don't call that great service anymore !
A man without the knowledge of his past history,culture and origins is like a tree without roots

BAViscount

Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:51 pm

I flew Braathens last August OSL-TOS and LYR-OSL and was pretty non-plussed with the whole experience. Didn't think they were necessarily a bad airline, but nothing about them gave me the impression that I'd just flown with a great airline either.

My flight LYR-OSL was three hours, and once they'd done one round of drink/snack sales, the F/A's pretty much disappeared for the remainder of the flight.

That said, they got me safely from A to B, and I got some great fares with them too.

I'm in the process of planning another trip to Norway for this August, and currently my leaning for choice of airline is Norwegian - much friendlier service.
Ladies & gentlemen this is Captain Tobias Wilcock welcoming you aboard Coconut Airways flight 372 to Bridgetown Barb