ctang

Opinions About VS's Economy Class

Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:23 pm

What is the general opinion about Virgin Atlantic's economy class? Is it one of the best and how does it compare to CX and QF on the SYD-HKG route?

geoffm

RE: Opinions About VS's Economy Class

Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:44 pm

I haven't flown VS economy for a few years now. But from what others have been saying on a.net, the concensus seems to be the same as or slightly better than QF but worse than CX.

The SYD route has the A340, which has video on demand - choose from 300 hours of programming, fast forward, rewind, pause etc.

Geoff M.

richardw

Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:45 pm

The pitch is too small for me and seat quality not that good, which makes LHR-HKG an uncomfortable journey.

zonky

Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:26 pm

Pitch is small, service laughable, IFE better than average.

BAxMAN

Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:09 am

It truly baffles me how people will continually complain that one carrier's seat pitch in economy class is worse than that of a competitor. Since AA banished MRTC in cost cutting oblivion, no carrier really stands out as providing more leg room in economy. If you can also regularly tell the difference between service in economy class on virtually any carrier then you are far more astute than I could ever brag to be. All airlines employ human beings as cabin crew who, thus far, have individual personalities that can affect a flight. Demanding a dedicated service in a cabin with maybe 200 other passengers is unreasonable and unrealistic. A professional service, yes. Dedicated, not really.

As for VS, I think their economy service compares well to QF and CX. Unless you're a miles collector, I would base my decision upon IFE (which VS almost certainly wins handsdown here) and then price and schedule which are variable.
I need to get laid

squared

Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:25 am

Quoting BAxMAN (Reply 4):
Since AA banished MRTC in cost cutting oblivion, no carrier really stands out as providing more leg room in economy.

Well on the Kangaroo route, two that stand out in my mind are MH and TG; both offer 34" pitch in Y, which is certainly better than 32" on CX, and 31" on QF, VS, BA.

SQuared

IB787

Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:08 pm

I flew Southern Winds a couple of months ago between MAD and EZE in a former VS 742 (they still had VS configuration). PTV's were ok even if they had not AVOD but seat pitch was awfull (specialy for a 12h flight), seats were not confortable at all.

VS747SPUR

Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:27 pm

VS economy is fine, I don't have too much problems with leg room and im 6'0, food is usually good in my opinion and of course you get your free drinks which is nice. IFE is very good although it annoys me they don't have v:port on the LGW based aircraft ! Thought they would have this especially on the LGW-MCO flights with alot of kids using games etc...
The only complaint I have about VS is the price of a fare, but 8/10 if you shop about you'll get one at an OK price.

VS747SPUR
Fly DL

SE210Caravelle

Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:48 am

Quoting BAxMAN (Reply 4):
Since AA banished MRTC in cost cutting oblivion, no carrier really stands out as providing more leg room in economy.

United Airlines