lincoln

Best Time To Visit A CO Ticket Counter?

Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:38 am

Hi All -

I need to visit a Continental's CLE ticket counter in person to take care of some future-trip-itinerary-related business in person (i.e. I can go virtually any time of the day or night and have about three weeks to get this done)

When would the best time to do this be? Or -- When are the lines most likely be the shortest / agents least busy, and what line(s) should I use?

Also-- there isn't a CTO in the Cleveland area any more, is there?

Thanks!

Lincoln
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

Gilligan

RE: Best Time To Visit A CO Ticket Counter?

Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:45 am

Nope, no more CTO. From the times I've been through there lately it seems that right around 8-8:30pm would be the best. Most of the flights are departing but there are still one or two agents there to help the stragglers. Just my opinion though, somebody who works there would probably know better.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

Capt.Fantastic

Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:47 am

I would suggest a Sunday afternoon - least amount of departures.

I find it hard to believe that CO dosen't have an office in the Cleveland metro area

luv2fly

Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:50 am

What about the CTO they still have on Center Ridge Road over by the Target?
You can cut the irony with a knife

ikramerica

Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:50 am

CO website claims their off-peak times at CLE are 9:30-11AM and 2-3:30PM, or after 7:30pm, as Gilligan suggests.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

Capt.Fantastic

Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:51 am

I would suggest not going at night ... The agents want to get their stuff done, close up, and get out of there. Agents might be hasty and just not want to deal with it.

lincoln

Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:06 am

Thanks for all of the responses so far! This site truly is amazing as far as speed of response goes  Smile

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 3):
What about the CTO they still have on Center Ridge Road over by the Target?

Hmm... I'll have to check it out-- (I'm very new to Cleveland-- still haven't moved in yet! -- so I'm still getting my bearings).

I know through Google that there was one @ 600 Euclid in downtown-- when I drove by a few minutes ago there was still "Continental Airlines" signage, but it was accompanied with a "For Lease -- All or Part" sign. CO just responded to an email I sent this morning with "Continental currently has no City Ticket Offices (CTOs) in the Cleveland, OH (CLE) area." -- but I might as well check it out... if nothing else it gives me an excuse to explore the greater Cleveland area a little bit more  Smile

Lincoln

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 4):
CO website claims their off-peak times at CLE are 9:30-11AM and 2-3:30PM, or after 7:30pm, as Gilligan suggests.

Thanks for the info -- I didn't see it on their webste.

Thanks again!

Lincoln
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

luv2fly

Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:08 am

It might be the same situation and just be the signage still up and in place. I'll stop tomorrow and look for you and post back here once again.
You can cut the irony with a knife

lincoln

Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:25 am

Ok... I tried finding the CTO location "by Target" on Center Ridge Road, but I didn't have much luck even finding signs  Sad

Since I was in the area anyways, I decided to just drop by Hopkins and see what the lines were like... And there were none (@ ~3:30PM for the record) -- and I got the nicest, most plesant and patient CO CSR I've ever encountered ("Anita" working at one of the "Bag Drop" positions -- I've already filled out the compliment form on CO's website and am contemplating sending a "real" letter).

It's amazing how much differenc there is, especially when dealing w/ multiple PNRs how much difference there is between UHGH__ (what I had written down) and ULGH__ (the real PNR#))

I would still be curious if there is a CTO, though, it may come in very handy for future reference...

Thanks again,

Lincoln